Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 230 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Lab Operations Assistant, you will…
- Maintain and identify needed lab inventory.
- Responsible for daily transport of lab consumables and media culture plates in company provided vehicle
- Accept/track shipments of lab consumables and distribute to end user
- Be available to aid and work alongside various technicians during Preventative Maintenance and General Repair Visits
- Use specialized lab equipment for the proper treatment and disposal of biohazardous waste
- Maintain a safe working environment, including using proper PPE, filing near-miss reports as needed and encouraging others to follow safe practices.
- Be available throughout the day to assist Lab Operations Manager during equipment troubleshooting
- Be able to work through ambiguous situations and work through issues until they are resolved
- Cross training in a variety of lab processes for development opportunities
- Be open to performing lab activities outside the basic job description
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s in Biology, Agriculture or related field
- Valid Driver's License
- Must be able to follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Must be self-motivated and customer focused
- Must be able to make bold and well-informed decisions
- Skilled in lab organization with attention to detail
- Must be able to lift 50lbs several times daily
- Knowledge in science and/or agriculture
- Experience with media preparation
- Basic coding and/or experience using robotics
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences