Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 230 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a highly-motivated and dedicated Bioinformatics Data Analyst to join our fast-growing team at Inari Cambridge site. The Bioinformatics Data Analyst will support bioinformatics pipeline and tool development on the science platform and provide data analysis support for the connection with product development. She/he, In this role, you will provide bioinformatics programming and data analysis support for multiple projects, and work with other scientists and data analysts on the science platform, and the engineering team for internal bioinformatics tool development, and support bioinformatics pipeline development to meet the needs for science projects and cross functional collaboration. She/he will be able to clearly communicate bioinformatics code and pipeline to different audiences.
The right candidate must be well organized and efficient to deliver the high quality code and results. The ability to take initiative and be willing to explore new things are essential for this role. She/he must enjoy a "start-up" atmosphere and be willing to take on additional tasks and responsibilities as needed to achieve goals and deliverables. We are committed and passionate about developing and commercializing 21st-century solutions to address global food challenges, and we are looking for people who share that passion. The role will be based in Cambridge, MA.
- The Bioinformatics Data Analyst will support designing, implementing and maintaining bioinformatics pipelines and tools.
- Work with Project Lead and other Scientists to develop the pipeline and execute the data analysis related to science projects
- Work with Platform Lead to provide bioinformatics programming and data analysis support for platform internal tool development and for cross functional collaborations
- Build and maintain custom reproducible bioinformatics pipelines and reports to support new scientific initiatives
- Develop bioinformatics code to continue improving guide nomination toolbox to meet new needs for science projects and product development
- Implement bioinformatics algorithms and models to predict editing and editing outcome
- Meta-analysis of gene editing data across science and product development for specific purpose
- Diagnostic the editing pattern, sequence signature and chromatin environment to understand DNA repair outcomes
- Help analyze, track, and report on overall pipeline capacity, making recommendations for where and how we can improve
- Proactively fill in the gaps and adapt to change in a fast paced, dynamic research environment
- Maintain detailed and organized analysis records including datasets and codes as required
- Actively troubleshoot and develop effective solutions when problems occur
- Participate in scientific discussions and present research outcomes to peers and management
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Genetics, Genomics, Mathematics, Statistics, Plant Breeding, or other relevant scientific field
- Experience with data science tools, pipeline development and ability to design and build bioinformatics pipelines and tools
- Proficient coding in Python and or R
- Familiar with cloud computing environments
- Understanding of genome science, molecular biology and bioinformatics concepts, processes, and tools
- Ability to communicate computational concepts and explain your work to a wide variety of audiences
- Strong track record of developing creative solutions to complex problems
- An efficient and well organized approach to deliver high quality results on time
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions.
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning.
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure.
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback.
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in the industry
- Experience with machine learning libraries like TensorFlow and/or PyTorch
- Previous experience working with plant genomic data
- Knowledge and experience with genome editing technologies
- Experience with single cell data analysis