Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 230 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role....
The Director of Government Affairs role is an opportunity to shape the government advocacy work for Inari on a state and federal level. This individual will build a strategy to establish Inari – and themself – as the go-to source for gene editing information with key stakeholders. By working in close coordination with the regulatory team, you will help position Inari for commercial success in the United States. The Director of Government Affairs, reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Affairs, will play an instrumental role on the Corporate Affairs leadership team in helping build and execute the reputation management plan.
As Director of Government Affairs, you will…
- Establish yourself as the go-to resource for insights and information on gene-editing across government and trade associations
- Serve as an advocate for Inari and gene editing technology on a state and federal level, and with key industry, trade, and commodity organizations
- Develop a strategy to help Inari lead in the building of a new regulatory framework that is best suited for gene editing technology
- Work in close coordination with regulatory team to ensure needs of the organization are being met and developing strategies to gain support when/where needed
- Serve as a bridge between science/business and regulatory/legislative; making both sides simple and clear to understand for the other
- An understanding of the regulatory history, trade agendas and associated issues with biotech in the agriculture space
- A bachelor’s degree with at least 15 years of experience in government affairs
- A deep understanding of agriculture, plant biotech and sustainability
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to negotiate with a wide variety of stakeholder
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions.
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning.
- Creative and strategic thinking and the ability to recognize and learn from failure.
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback.
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences.