Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 230 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About The Role...
We are looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented, HR Coordinator to join our team in in Cambridge, MA. The primary function of this position is to support the HR function with a strong focus on HR operations. This role will have exposure to all facets of HR and is suited to a self-starter with a desire to learn and an interest in building a career in HR. The right candidate will able to wear many hats and will thrive in a fast-paced environment while producing deliverables on-time.
As an HR Coordinator you will….
- Play an integral role on the HR team through active participation on cross-functional team projects to include HRIS/operations, engagement, recruiting/onboarding and compensation/benefits
- Provide support and coordination for employee engagement initiatives
- Execute key administrative tasks related to employee data and record maintenance, onboarding/recruiting, data reporting, and more
- Recommend process improvements to HR processes and programs; develop and communicate process updates
- Assist with HR procedures and policy creation and execution
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas and coordinate training sessions and seminars
- Support HR Operations Manager with system entry, reporting and dash-boarding/analytics
- Act as liaison with the payroll department and external vendors to include Inari’s benefits broker
- Assist with internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Effective administration skills and a general understanding of HR functions and best practices
- Proactive attitude with desire to learn and grow in the field of HR.
- An ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally within the HR team and other departments across the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional computer literacy; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail
- Experience in a fast-paced, start-up organization
- Experience with a biotechnology or life sciences firm
- Experience with HRIS systems
- Prior exposure to payroll concepts and procedures