Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 230 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role....
The Collaboration Licensing Specialist will be responsible for supporting Commercial Collaboration Managers in the development and execution of collaboration agreements with third parties. This role will act as a liaison with Commercial, Legal, and Third Parties to plan and execute the diligence required to successfully “close deals”. The candidate will be skilled in defining and validating terms that would lead to successful partnerships. The ideal candidate would be based in West Lafayette, Indiana but for the right candidate, flexibility will be considered for your remote work location, with appropriate travel as needed.
As a Collaboration Licensing Specialist, you will…
- Support Collaboration Managers to coordinate & execute numerous domestic and international collaboration agreements between Inari and third parties
- Be responsible to organize and support agreement development to clearly define obligations via presentations, term sheets, and agreement drafts
- Profile current and potential partners by researching them, creating background profiles, and recommending fit and alignment assessment to meet Inari’s goals
- Support the management of external collaborations/partnerships to ensure successful outcomes and delivery of technology/IP/information
- BS or higher college degree in Agriculture, Business, or Science with 10+ years of experience
- Ability to translate business needs into relevant contract terms for win / win collaborations
- Experience with agreement structures, capability to propose, draft, and support negotiation of final terms
- Proven track record of collaborating and managing relationships across internal business functions along with external partners
- Basic knowledge or willingness to learn Inari’s new breeding technologies (gene editing)
- Strong network within the seed industry
- Ability to track complex details and assure all aspects of agreements are followed
- Ability to create high quality presentations and financial models to support negotiations
- Capable of working independently with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to sort through ambiguity and strong interest to create structure, process, and policy
- Working knowledge of standard office software tools
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions.
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning.
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure.
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback.
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences.
- Basic understanding of crop development and agronomy
- Basic understanding of corn & soybean seed product development
- Business-to-Business experience, especially experience in seed licensing