Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 230 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role....
This is a great opportunity for an exceptionally talented Lead to join the INARI organization. This role will be accountable for leading and developing data analytics efforts across the Late Product Development organization. This role will have people management responsibilities and will support growth of current and future integrated products in corn and soybeans, or other critical crops for the Company. This position reports to the PreCommercial and Late Product Development VP and is based in West Lafayette, Indiana.
As Statistical Analysis Lead, you will…
- Lead the team to drive the evaluation strategy guided by statistical and data generation principles. Engage with Product evaluation for proper characterization and deployment
- Be responsible for all deliverables related to statistical content and data analysis including providing guidance and management to statisticians, researchers, data engineers and data managers to ensure high quality and timely product design and selection
- Advise and influence senior leadership/functional leads on advanced analytical strategies as well as functional issues that have a business impact
- Summarize results of analysis and effectively communicate to management recommendations for actions to resolve business issues
- Collaborate on protocol development including study design, endpoint selection, and power and sample size assessment to achieve study goals
- Provide day-to-day oversight of personnel and project level activities within the analytics group to ensure the group meets timelines, provides high quality deliverables, and complies with project requirements
- Contribute to creation/maintenance of, and provides training on statistical topics and departmental SOPs and general standardization efforts to ensure consistent and effective data analysis
- Contribute to planning and execution of exploratory analyses, data visualization and statistical consultation on cross-functional teams
- Ensure the continuous improvement of the statistics group through information sharing, training, and education
- Support innovation in tackling complex data and analytical problems
- Preference is for M.S. or PhD degree in Statistics or related field with 3 to 5+ years of experience in the Biotech or Ag industry. Willing to consider a B.S. degree with proven years of experience.
- Demonstrated track record of business acumen and strategic and tactical decision making capability
- An understanding of product performance evaluation and characterization, agronomic practices, and growing environment differences
- Aptitude for working with and learning technical information along with attention to detail
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the capacity to recognize and learn from failure
- Ability to work both independently and demonstrate a collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- An effective communicator with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
- A willingness to travel domestically and globally for collaboration interactions
- An in-depth understanding of all aspects of the seed business
- Good understanding of product lifecycle management
- Strong understanding of corn and soybean product development and licensing business is a plus
- Previous people management experience