Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 230 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role...
The Inari Software Engineering team is looking for a Sr. Data Engineer to join our knowledge systems team. We are looking for an experienced engineer to support building the data lake of our product pipeline for our SEEDesign platform to funnel information to different parts of the organization. This team will be focused on data sources, systems, and services to bring curated knowledge to our internal customers.. You will engage with a critical cross section of our product, science, and engineering teams.
Inari is a late-stage biotech startup on a mission to transform the food system and create a more sustainable future. We are using predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to unlock the full potential of seeds. Inari was named a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum and our Inari Engineering team is featured in the top 16 Engineering teams in the tech industry. If you want to learn more about what we are doing on the technology side see our talk at AWS Re:Invent 2021
If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
Location: Cambridge, MA
What you’ll do
- Help model and connect data from a variety of systems in flat files, SAAS, RDS, and internal APIs to build a full data lake ranging from ideation to sequence data to greenhouse observations to field performance.
- Work with internal engineers to understand how we can move data to different applications and provide insight into better decisions at different points in our product development.
- Work at the interface of data science, Machine Learning Platform, Application Development, and accelerated computing to allow for some of the larger analysis of data and ingestion of public and internal data to drive editing of different row crops.
- Build and pilot different data tools such as AWS Quicksights, DataBrew, serverless, and Tableau to different teams at Inari.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics, Biotechnology, Electrical Engineering or related STEM fields.
- 4+ years of data engineering experience supporting scientists doing heavy data analysis.
- A strong commitment to our team’s values: learn from every decision, no heroes/heroines, thoughtful inclusion, and fail fast.
- Expertise in one or more of AWS Athena and Glue Pyspark, EMR, DynamoDB, Redshift, Kinesis, Lambda
- Expertise in Object Oriented Programming, python
- A passion for CI/CD and containerization technology.
- You are excited about building data models and working with scientific data.
- Significant experience with professional software engineering, including automated testing, agile methodologies, DevOps, pair programming, refactoring.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross functional environment in a self directed fashion
- Active interest in learning new technology or domains. We are an organization that goes across many disciplines.
- Desire to work in a mission driven organization focused on sustainability and how we grow food
- Interest in exploring new tools from the literature and working with large data sets.
- Experience working with agtech or biotech.
- You have worked in bioinformatics adjacent teams.
- You are familiar with the lake house architecture from AWS.
- Experience with Scala, Go, Argo, AWS Glue, and AWS Athena
- Experience working with computational scientists and understanding their diverse needs.
Learn more about us:
Helping farmers feed the world: https://seedworld.com/faster-breeding-will-help-farmers-feed-the-world/
World Economic Forum Global Innovator: https://inari.com/news/inari-selected-for-world-economic-forums-global-innovators-community
Bloomberg: Inari AgTech Startup: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-12/agtech-startup-inari-nabs-new-funding-at-1-2-billion-valuation
Inari at Re:Invent: https://youtu.be/FCSAwTiF450?t=2507