Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 230 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role….
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated and proactive Scientist, Platform Lead to join our fast-growing team at Inari Ghent, who is committed and passionate about developing 21st century solutions to address global food challenges. As a scientific leader of our platform you will further develop and oversee the different activities of our platform. Leading a team of service leads, you will be responsible for running a highly efficient platform consisting of vectoring, plant transformation, molecular analysis, single cell, greenhouse and phenotyping to support our scientific projects in Inari’s Ghent and Cambridge, MA, offices. This position will be located in our growing team in Ghent, Belgium and will report to the VP R&D.
Our platform activities form the backbone of our operations and support the execution of our projects. The platform covers the core activities of our early pipeline such as vectoring, cell assays, plant transformation, molecular analysis, greenhouse and phenotyping. Each activity is managed by a service lead who ensures coordination, quality and execution of these activities. As a Platform Lead you will be accountable for the platform operations and responsible for further strengthening and developing cross platform activities and support the service leads in their roles. You will manage priorities in collaboration with Project Leads and ensure the development of enabling technologies to further strengthen and innovate the platform activities. As a Platform lead you excel in organization skills, managing and coordinating complex activities and continuous strive for operational excellence. Excellent communication, people and planning skills are essential for this role as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Develop, improve and oversee the different activities of our platform.
- Lead and support the platform service leads in order to ensure the highest level of quality and efficiency across the different platform activities (vectoring, plant transformation, molecular analysis, single cell, greenhouse and phenotyping).
- Support the development of the service leads and platform users.
- Coordinate requests from Project leads and ensure alignment with the project needs.
- Ensure safety compliance and operational excellence for example through the continuous improvement of SOPs.
- Align with platforms and platform/service leads across sites.
- Scout and develop new technologies and partners to accelerate platform timelines and/or quality.
- Ensure detailed, accurate and comprehensible records of all experiments and results on the platform are maintained.
- Identify and implement improvements across the platform activities (for example analysis methods, general way of working, etc).
- PhD in Biology or Biotechnology or related field with at least 10 years of experience (including post doc)
- Industry experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience related to operational excellence, process development and quality management (for example: 5S, Kaizen, Six Sigma)
- Demonstrated scientific leadership to independently design, implement, coordinate and drive scientific projects to successful outcomes
- Knowledge and experience with project management and record keeping tools (for example: Benchling, Wrike, Confluence)
- Track record of developing, implementing and improving SOPs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills adapted to the needs of the target audience
- Ability to thrive and deliver results on goals in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly multi-tasking environment
- Proactive, highly motivated and strong team player with a great ability to adapt to the needs of the organization
- Experience with people management
- Demonstrated innovative, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Additional Desired Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge of plant biology and gene editing
- Experience with automation and high throughput processes
We offer you a challenging job in an exciting environment. You will be part of a growing and innovative company, driven by a strong purpose of transforming the plant breeding industry. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team and have the possibility to grow in your role through continuous learning. You will be challenged to take initiative, contributing to the success of the company. We offer you a competitive compensation package commensurate with your skill and experience.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Stock options
- Group insurance
- Health insurance
- Meal vouchers
- Free public transportation