About the role...
The Key Account Manager is responsible for driving impactful business relationships and sales success with select Independent Seed Companies and Brands in the designated geography. Account Leads are responsible for quarterly campaign plan progress, quarterly forecasting, managing an annual budget, and achievement of sales results. A high level of effective communication and strategic thinking is needed to drive Inari and Seed Architects business, product, and science innovation. The Manager will work closely with our internal product management team, Technical Agronomy and Product support roles, the Commercial Team, and related marketing functions. The role is field-based within its respective geography but will report to the Commercial Head of Seed Architects, who is based out of our office in West Lafayette, Indiana.
As Key Account Manager, you will...
- Demonstrate strong sales ability as a team player with outstanding organizational and analytical skills
- Partner with marketing and technical product counterparts to maximize sales opportunities
- Manage ISC/wholesale/retail customer-based business to include developing both short and long-term strategy for growth/profit
- Coordinate with various internal Inari support personnel regarding strategic customer activities
- Implement quarterly and annual marketing/sales strategies/tactics
- Develop and execute strategies that engage our customer’s core leadership team members and appropriate support teams and functions
- Responsible for proposal design, strategic planning and implementation of customized business and product solutions to seed brand customers
- Grow partnerships as the key contact/interface for all Seed Architects business in the Western Sales Region
- Identify and pursue additional business opportunities that the region may leverage in pursuit of growth opportunities related to novel product solutions
- Bachelor’s degree
- Agronomy, plant science, and agricultural industry experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in seed industry
- Proven track record in strategic decision making, analytical abilities, and negotiation skills
- Capable of building strategic relationships with independent seed business customers
- Experience with organizational effectiveness
- Product lifecycle and parent seed knowledge is helpful
- Experience working with related CRM systems and basic software tools
- Ability to work effectively and energetically in a fast-paced, cross-functional, and sometimes ambiguous environment. Demonstrated problem solving skills necessary to deal with rapidly changing market or sales environment conditions
- Excellent oral, written, and network communication skills to effectively provide/present information to internal and external customers
- Designing product benefits and solutions that build product demand and sustainable sales (knowledge of product features and competitor offerings, communicating value, negotiation, launching new products)
- Developing New Business Opportunities (identifying and qualifying new business opportunities, opportunity assessment/account planning, understanding customer organization/processes, relationship building, market/industry understanding)
- Knowledge of independent seed company and licensing model for distribution
- Seed manufacturing and/or production experience
- Previous experience working with plant genomic data is a plus, but not required
- Experience working with field trial data sets and other forms of spatial data
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 170 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!