About the role....
This is a great opportunity for a highly-motivated and dedicated Bioinformatics Data Analyst to join our Early Product Development team to advance the progression of future products through the product development pipeline. In this role, you will bring bioinformatic and overall data expertise to a dynamic team producing the next generation of improved plant genetics. The team in West Lafayette includes molecular biologists, plant transformation scientists and controlled environment experts and they work closely with colleagues at our other two sites in Cambridge, MA and Ghent, Belgium. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity in a fast-growing and production environment, this role is for you. The role will be based in West Lafayette, IN.
As a Bioinformatics Data Analyst , you will…
- Develop, implement and execute analysis pipelines to facilitate data-driven decisions throughout the Inari editing pipeline
- Collaborate with colleagues in tissue culture, molecular biology and controlled environment settings to deliver relevant data for their specific needs
- Use your domain knowledge to recommend and implement solutions to challenges as they arise
- Develop fit-for-purpose reporting approaches that bring the right data to the right person at the right time for impactful decision making
- Proactively fill in the gaps and adapt to change in a fast paced, dynamic research environment
- Maintain detailed and organized analysis records including datasets and code as required
- Participate in scientific discussions and present research outcomes to colleagues across the organization
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Statistics Biology, Plant Breeding, Genetics, or other relevant scientific field
- Experience with data science tools, pipeline development, and proficient coding in R and or Python.
- Understanding of next generation sequencing, genome science, molecular biology and bioinformatics concepts, processes, and tools
- Ability to rapidly summarize data, communicate results, and act quickly and efficiently
- Ability to communicate computational concepts and explain your work to a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment and handle ambiguity gracefully
- Strong track record of developing creative solutions to complex genomic problems
- Strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks
- An efficient and well organized approach to deliver high quality results on time
- A collaborative approach, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives and feedback
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
- Experience working with data from long read sequencing platforms, AWS, Docker, Git, Benchling, Workflow development and Agile methodologies
- Previous experience working with plant genomic data is a plus, but not required
- Open to candidates with a range of experience levels
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 170 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!