About the role....
We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated and experienced genome editing scientific leader, who is committed and passionate about developing 21st century solutions to address global food challenges, to join our fast-growing team.
You bring your expertise in genome editing technology development and application to boost the Inari’s ability to fundamentally transform plant breeding. As a senior scientist, you will help drive and execute Inari’s scientific strategy. You will also contribute to the design, implementation and achievement of research projects either as a project leader and/or project team member. You will report directly to a member of the Science Leadership Team.
As a Genome Editing Expert, you will…
- Lead and/or participate in scientific projects that push the boundaries of current technologies. You will help develop, plan, execute and deliver project objectives in an accountable manner
- Apply your deep expertise in genome editing and DNA repair to develop and optimize existing and novel gene editing tools.
- Cultivate innovation by exploring new ideas to solve problems with colleagues to efficiently bring “out-of-the-box” ideas to life.
- Support external innovation by scouting and evaluating novel genome editing technologies
- Actively interact with the Inari Science Advisory Community to ensure we use best practices in the projects you sponsor and propose new members that can help us fill gaps in our expertise.
- Contribute to the external visibility of Inari as a scientific leader by presenting Inari’s achievements at international conferences
- Communicate results from the science projects your supervise to different stakeholders including the Scientific Strategy Board, Science Leadership Team, Inari Leadership Team and the Inari Board
- Manage direct reports to contribute to the development of junior scientists and Research associates
- Contribute to the Inari’s Open, Bold, Innovative, Collaborative, Integrity and Diverse culture
- PhD in life science or equivalent experience in an industry context with a Masters or Bachelors degree
- At least 8 years of experience in leading research projects and project management skills
- Integrated knowledge and understanding of genome editing technologies, in particular CRISPR for genome engineering and its broad applications
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience with high-throughput CRISPR functional genomic screens
- Strong experience in the analysis of functional genomic screen data and integration of functional genomics with molecular profiling and other data types
- Demonstrated track record of tackling complex problems, critical thinking, leading others to obtain novel insights and driving a culture of innovation
- Proven experience in leading the development of people and groups
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to step up to address difficult issues, capacity to receive and provide constructive and actionable feedback to foster continuous self and organisation improvement
- Team player with a demonstrated ability to lead functional teams and instill trust
- Capacity to manage ambiguity, remain calm and operate effectively in fast growing and risk taking environments
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 170 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!