About the role...
The Inari Software Engineering team is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Operations Engineer. As a member of our machine learning engineering team, you will be responsible for maintaining the platform that supports predictive design across all of Inari: From exploration to production inferences, supporting our data scientists across science and product teams.
Inari is a late-stage biotech startup on a mission to transform the food system and create a more sustainable future. We are using predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to unlock the full potential of seeds. Inari was named a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum and our Inari Engineering team is featured in the top 16 Engineering teams in the tech industry.
If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
Location: Cambridge, MA, Ghent, Belgium, or West Lafayette, IN
As the Senior Machine Learning Operations Engineer, you will...
- Work with a team of software engineers supporting tools to enable machine learning and data science.
- Strategize with project and team leads from our science and product teams to support efforts that are fundamentally changing how we grow food.
- Set standards on how to run a variety of workflows for machine learning and accelerated computing on the cloud and provide input on best practices for data intensive workloads.
- Work with analysts, data scientists, bioinformaticians to understand the various use cases and support pipelines and processes that help support iterative analyses.
- Develop and productize applications that integrate with and extend our breeding, phenotyping, and genomic data.
- Develop robust integrations with strategic third party tools, platforms and models
- Contribute to design and overall engineering roadmap
- Set the standards and expectations of your team, especially around diversity and inclusion.
- Work with genomics and phenotypic data and an interest in helping organizations manage, clean, and access it in accelerated computing applications
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics, Biotechnology, Electrical Engineering or related STEM fields.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience supporting scientists doing heavy data analysis.
- A strong commitment to our team’s values: learn from every decision, no heroes/heroines, thoughtful inclusion, and fail fast.
- Expertise in Object Oriented Programming, python
- A passion for CI/CD and containerization technology.
- Expertise with machine learning pipelines, cloud tools, infrastructure-as-code, microservices, and containerization. Relevant tech includes AWS tools, Kubernetes, Kubeflow, TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Significant experience with professional software engineering, including automated testing, agile methodologies, DevOps, pair programming, refactoring.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross functional environment in a self directed fashion
- Active interest in learning new technology or domains. We are an organization that goes across many disciplines.
- Desire to work in a mission driven organization focused on sustainability and how we grow food
- Interest in exploring new tools from the literature and working with large data sets.
- Experience working with agtech or biotech.
- Experience with Scala and Go
- Experience working with computational scientists and understanding their diverse needs.
Learn more about us:
Helping farmers feed the world: https://seedworld.com/faster-breeding-will-help-farmers-feed-the-world/
World Economic Forum Global Innovator: https://inari.com/news/inari-selected-for-world-economic-forums-global-innovators-community
Bloomberg: Inari AgTech Startup https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-12/agtech-startup-inari-nabs-new-funding-at-1-2-billion-valuation
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 170 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!