About the role…
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative, and detail-oriented individual with experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) including high throughput sample processing, library preparations, QC and sequencing. This candidate will join the scientific platform at and be part of the NGS team. The candidate will have opportunities to work with different NGS applications and state-of-the-art automations to support various genomic projects and the development of genome editing tools. Primary objectives of this position are to process samples for NGS applications, optimize workflows, and implement and validate emerging NGS technologies and procedures. Creativity, excellent communication skills, and willingness to work and learn in a dynamic team environment are musts for the candidate to thrive in this role.
Beyond our science, we live our core values: Collaboration, Bold, Open, Integrity, Diversity and we welcome challenging ideas and thrive on innovation!
As a Research Associate, you will...
- Executing high throughput, SOP driven, NGS library preparation workflows ( (e.g. amplicon-seq, RNASeq, Whole Plasmid-Seq,) both manually and using liquid handling automation
- Operating of sequencing instruments
- Work with NGS scientists to improve current NGS workflows/processes in creative and effective ways
- Scout NGS technologies and develop novel NGS assays to support company objectives
- Work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to solve complex problems and achieve goals/deadlines
- Effectively document and communicate scientific results and progress
- Assist with other molecular biology tasks as needed at the scientific platform
- BS/MS (or equivalent) in molecular biology, biochemistry, biology or related field with 3+ year(s) of hands-on NGS experience
- Strong experience with the preparation and sequencing of various DNA and RNA sequencing libraries (Illumina)
- Familiarity with long read sequencing platforms (Oxford Nanopore and PacBio) is desired
- Experience with operating Illumina sequencing platforms
- Hands-on experience to operate automated liquid handling platforms
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A sense of adventure and excitement to work in a highly dynamic multidisciplinary team environment
- Proven ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues, both individually and as part of a team
- Experience with gene editing and CRISPR-Cas technologies
- Experience with other molecular biology techniques (e.g., Nucleic acids purification, vector constructions, PCR/RT-PCR amplification is a plus
- General knowledge of plant physiology and molecular biology, and agricultural biotechnology