About the role....
Inari is seeking an experienced Legal Counsel to join our fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial, and team-focused global organization. This role is based in our West Lafayette, Indiana location and reports to the Assistant General Counsel. This role will take responsibility to partner with R&D, Commercial and functional internal clients to provide legal support in a wide range of contract matters (drafting, reviewing, negotiating), legal opinions, risk management and corporate legal matters. As part of the broader Legal, IP and Licensing team, this role will put you in a position to work closely with the Leadership group on executing the company strategic agenda and key transactions, collaborations and licenses, mitigating risks and providing insight on all contracts and other legal matters. In addition, Legal Counsel will be engaged in matters around corporate development and partnerships that will further the growth of the company.
As Legal Counsel at Inari, you will…
- Work directly with internal and external partners, vendors and customers and others to draft, manage, and negotiate contracts and agreements.
- Collaborate with executive and senior team members to provide support in delivering contractual transactions including technology licenses and commercial alliances
- Provide advice and professional guidance on risks related to the company operations and suitability of contracts toward the attainment of company goals
- Draft and verify all documents and contracts to ensure they meet high levels of quality and accuracy
- Support the development of internal policies and guidelines
- Partner with the GC and the executive team to establish alliances and engage in strategic opportunities
- Juris Doctor degree (JD) and actively licensed to practice law in the US
- Minimum of 7 years’ legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house, providing legal support to the business and drafting and negotiating complex contracts including technology licenses.
- Knowledge of the agricultural industry, particularly experience in plant-based businesses, is preferred
- Experience in completed strategic alliances and an understanding of IP strategies is required. Excellent legal credentials and strong strategic thinking, business acumen and communication skills working as part of a highly performing and diverse team in various locations (US and international)
- The skills to be a valued business-partner working with a broad range of colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Focused on delivering results and having recognized impact on the organization
- Focused on delivering results with a strong understanding of legal transactions and a demonstrated ability to execute in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work confidentially and responsibly on sensitive issues at all levels within an organization
- Advanced skills with Google suite and Microsoft 360
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences