About the role....
We are looking for a highly motivated, proactive and detail-oriented individual with experience in molecular biology; specifically in all aspects of vector construction including nucleic acid purifications, primer design, traditional cloning, Gibson Assembly and GoldenGate techniques. You will join the scientific platform at Inari and have opportunities to contribute to various projects where your cloning experience will help advance company goals. Your position is a hands-on role, responsible for effective delivery and troubleshooting. Primary objective of this position is to generate cloning strategies and vectors that will be used for in planta experiments . You are expected to take initiatives to improve pipelines where necessary. Creativity, excellent communication skills and willingness to work in a dynamic team environment is a must for this role.
As a Research Associate , you will…
- Collaborate with scientists and research associates to execute scientific experiments using molecular techniques including isolation of DNA and RNA, oligo design, Sanger sequencing, PCR related applications, various cloning techniques etc…
- Maintain detailed and organized records of your work, project data you generate and other information as needed. Data will include vector construction strategies, proper archiving of constructs using in house database(s) and any protocol improvements that enhance the delivery of business goals.
- Participate in experimental design and troubleshooting efforts
- Communicate results to stakeholders in written technical reports and oral presentations
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2+ years research experience (e.g. molecular biology, biotechnology) in academia or industry
- Demonstrated experience with molecular biology techniques used in modern vector design and cloning (Gibson and GoldenGate skills essential), as well as general lab skills related to nucleic acid isolation and cell line maintenance
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
- Familiarity with Benchling for record keeping and documentation
- Experience with at least one in silico vector design software (Geneious, SnapGene etc.)
- Previous experience with plant molecular biology also highly desirable