ABOUT THE ROLE….
This is a great opportunity for a highly-motivated and dedicated Genomic Data Analyst to join our Bioinformatics Team on the Platform to support Inari’s genome editing. In this role, you will have the opportunity to engage in the cross functional team as a data analyst to perform genomic and bioinformatics data analysis across R&D and early product development. The role is required to work closely and dynamically with computational biologists, molecular scientists, NGS scientists and cell biologists to enable genomic solutions on the platform. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity in a fast-growing and production environment, this role is for you. The role will be based in Cambridge, MA.
AS A GENOMIC DATA ANALYST, YOU WILL...
- Work with senior computational biologists and other scientists to deliver high quality, high-throughput data analyses to advance Inari editing design and support early product development
- Collaborate with wet-lab bench scientists and deliver bioinformatics analyses to end users
- Build and maintain custom reproducible informatics pipelines and reports to support new scientific initiatives
- Help analyze, track, and report on overall pipeline capacity, making recommendations for where and how we can improve
- Proactively fill in the gaps and adapt to change in a fast paced, dynamic research environment
- Maintain detailed and organized analysis records including datasets and codes as required
- Actively troubleshoot and develop effective solutions when problems occur
- Participate in scientific discussions and present research outcomes to peers and management
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Statistics Biology, Plant Breeding, Genetics, or other relevant scientific field
- Experience with data science tools, pipeline development, and proficient coding in R and or Python.
- Understanding of genome science, molecular biology and bioinformatics concepts, processes, and tools
- Ability to rapidly summarize data, communicate results, and act quickly and efficiently
- Ability to communicate computational concepts and explain your work to a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment and handle ambiguity gracefully
- Strong track record of developing creative solutions to complex genomic problems
- Strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks
- An efficient and well organized approach to deliver high quality results on time
- A collaborative approach, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives and feedback
- Experience working with AWS, Docker, Git, Benchling, Workflow development and Agile methodologies
- Experience with machine learning libraries like TensorFlow and/or PyTorch
- Previous experience working with plant genomic data is a plus, but not required