About the role...
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled accounting professional to be part of a growing Finance team. In this high impact role, you will lead key day-to-day financial operations and compliance functions. You will be responsible for the month-end close process and reporting, and partner with the Controller and leaders to drive continuous improvement in financial operations. This is an opportunity to lead the development and implementation of processes and internal controls to support our growing organization. The ideal candidate will have a strategic mindset and hands-on approach.
As Sr. Accounting Manager, you will...
- Responsible for all accounting operations including A/P, A/R, Payroll as well as managing a small team of direct reports (currently a Sr. Accountant and AP Associate)
- Accountability and hands-on involvement in all company accounting-related matters:
- Full ownership of the GL, including hands-on month-end/quarter-end/year-end close activities (journal entries, reconciliations, P&L review, etc.)
- Manage fixed asset accounting, ensuring that capitalization/depreciation policies are followed and that assets are physically tracked in and out of the facility
- Serve as backup for payroll processing and a resource for related compliance matters
- Maintain consolidation for all entities and manage related matters with outsourced providers for foreign subsidiary
- Partner with the Controller in developing policies and interpretation of GAAP guidance for revenue recognition and other key accounting and reporting areas as needed
- Develop and maintain framework for reporting and analysis in support of FP&A and Finance teams
- Research and analyze technical accounting matters to support development of company policies and documentation
- Collaborate with the Controller, CFO and Leadership in the development and implementation of new and existing policies and internal controls
- Develop, implement and document new accounting policies and procedures to scale within the organization.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce internal policies, procedures, and controls
- Support and coordinate preparation for financial statement audits and tax compliance reporting (federal/state/sales tax filings and other compliance)
- Additional duties as assigned
- A combination of experience in public accounting and industry experience in a private and publicly traded companies
- CPA and Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, Masters of Accounting preferred
- Prior experience with NetSuite or equal-caliber ERP system is a must
- Expertise in revenue recognition (ASC 606), collaborative arrangements and current on emerging financial reporting topics
- Thorough and current knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
- Experience in the following developing internal controls and driving implementation of policies and procedures
- Experience with review and preparation of financial statements, corporate, payroll and sales tax filings and requirements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process in a setting requiring consolidations, multiple subsidiaries, including international
- Experience managing and developing staff
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Strategic thinking and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences