ABOUT THE ROLE...
We are currently seeking a Soybean Breeder to plan, manage and support the delivery of projects that will improve the performance of our soybean germplasm and varieties.
AS A SOYBEAN BREEDING LEAD, YOU WILL…
- Provide leadership to the soybean breeding team. Responsible for the product development workstream within the project.
- Manage breeding pipeline from product concept through variety development
- Measure and monitor key performance indicators relative to pipeline performance and program efficiency. Leverage performance metrics and benchmarking to constantly improve efficiency of germplasm improvement (genetic gain and cost)
- Ensure appropriate technology integration in germplasm improvement projects and product development processes
- Work with Crop Science, Pre-commercial and Product Management to support stage line promotion decisions
- Partner with Genetic Scientists to support development and implementation of Traits & Molecular Breeding efforts
- PhD in Plant Breeding or related discipline
- Knowledge and experience in methods and theory of plant breeding, bioinformatics, genetics, and next-generation sequencing data
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and experience in project management principles
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in the US without visa sponsorship
- Experience in the application of molecular technologies to product development including Marker Assisted Breeding (MAB) and Genome Wide Selection (GWS)
- Experience working in big dataset and using data analytics applied to plant breeding
- Programming experience in conducting genetic and statistical analyses