About the role...
This is a great opportunity for a highly-motivated and dedicated Research Associate to join our Plant Characterization Team to enhance Inari’s product development pipeline. This is a hands-on, lab-based role with a focus on high-throughput genotyping, and DNA extraction. You will engage as an analytical focal point to support genotyping for breeding and genomic prediction.If you are looking for a challenging opportunity in a fast-growing and production environment, this role is for you. The role will be based in West Lafayette, IN.
As a Genotyping Research Associate, You Will....
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a genotyping platform in support of ongoing breeding and product development efforts
- Perform sample processing and DNA extraction using a high-throughput nucleic acid platform; Continuously optimize the current extraction platform for higher throughput and cost efficiency
- Design, validate and perform SNP detection assay using PCR-based genotyping platform
- Perform Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) library (e.g. amplicon-seq and GBS) preparation/QC for Illumina sequencing to support high-throughput genotyping
- Develop and deploy appropriate automation/ robotics to aid processing and improve throughput on the genotyping platform
- Communicate results to stakeholders in written technical reports and oral presentations
- Scout for new technologies and identify innovative solutions to optimize current genotyping toolbox to increase the quality and throughput in a production-scale environment
- Participate in experimental design and genotyping troubleshooting, developing high-throughput methodologies and assays
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2+ years lab experience or Master’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. molecular biology, genetics, plant biotechnology) or equivalent lab experience
- Knowledge of general molecular biology and an interest in agriculture sciences
- Extensive demonstrated experience with molecular biology assays and associated instrumentation in DNA/RNA extraction, nucleic acid quantification, PCR amplification, qPCR
- Demonstrable skills in NGS library preparation and Illumina sequencing technology
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, production environment
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
Bonus qualifications ...
- Experience in PCR-based genotyping technology such as KASP
- Experience in sequencing-based genotyping technology using Illumina technology
- Experience performing assays on an automated liquid handling platform