Immunovant, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to enabling normal lives for people with autoimmune diseases. As a leader in FcRn inhibitor technology, we are boldly developing innovative therapies for a range of debilitating autoimmune diseases with significant unmet patient needs. Our investigational compound, batoclimab, is a novel, fully human, monoclonal antibody targeting the neonatal Fc receptor (FcRn). Optimized as a subcutaneous injection with flexibility in dosing and approach, batoclimab is designed to reduce immunoglobin G (IgG) antibodies that cause inflammation and disease.
Reporting to the Vice President, Medical Affairs, this position is responsible for establishing/maintaining professional relationships with medical experts in the field of Neurology, providing medical product support and collaborating with the commercial group in the development of accurate and compliant product information. The Medical Director will lead global and US focused deliverables within the Medical Product Team consisting of colleagues within the medical affairs group. The Medical Director represents Immunovant towards external collaborators such as health care practitioners, research groups, patient advocacy groups, payers and alliance partners.
- Develops and oversees implementation of US and ex-US focused medical affairs strategy and tactics, including scientific communications and publications, annual medical planning, field communications, and collaborations with experts
- Applies therapeutic/disease area expertise and clear business understanding to address current and future medical needs in clinical practice with medically appropriate use of investigational medicines.
- Oversees and provides hands on support in dissemination of clinical and non-clinical data that supports the medical strategy and results in high quality publications.
- Leads a cross-functional team and continuously strives for alignment across the organization (and the alliance if applicable).
- Acts as standing or ad-hoc member for various cross-functional and cross-alliance teams; provides scientific/medical perspectives to the global and US strategic and medical organizations.
- Oversees medical review and approval of all promotional materials as part of the Immunovant Medical/Legal/Regulatory (MLR) Review Committee.
- Oversees the Neurology Publications Strategy Committee (PSC) working with the Medical Communications Lead in the development of a publication strategy.
- Represents Medical Affairs at the Scientific Review Committee reviewing Investigator-Initiated Studies Research Proposals
- Leads the Neurology Data Analysis Committee (DAC), working collaboratively with the biostats team in reviewing and determining the feasibility, accuracy, and strategic alignment of new data analyses and communication.
- Co-leads the development, refinement, and execution of a robust Phase 3b/4plan
- Continues to develop and cultivate long-term strategic partnerships with clinical experts, societies, collaborative groups, advocacy groups, and other external stakeholders representing Immunovant.
- Ensures accuracy of training material for scientific and product information
- Serves as principal spokesperson for the medical affairs function on highly significant matters at advisory board meetings and presentations to external stakeholders including health-care providers, payers, professional organizations, and patient advocacy group meetings.
- Ensures goals and objectives are met and projects completed on time to high standards and within budget.
- Champions high standards of compliance, ethics, and patient safety, putting patients at the center of all actions.
- Performs medical monitoring of post-registrational trails and is the signatory of documents related to interpretation of patient level data where necessary, if in possession of a medical degree
- Stays abreast of current developments within pertinent medical and scientific therapeutic area through familiarity with current literature, attendance at medical meetings, and other.
- Interacts internally and externally with senior management and functional heads
- Advanced degree (MD) required, with focus in neurology
- 10+ years of total experience post-medical degree, with 5+ years in medical affairs required.
- Solid background and experience in drug development and life-cycle development of related products required.
- Ability to lead business and technical discussions internally and externally and explain scientific/medical concepts to all levels.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders in the relevant fields.
- Ability to establish trust through the consistent demonstration of scientific expertise and satisfactory follow-through on requests from key opinion leaders
- Strong presentation and communication skills; must be able to provide succinct, strategic, and actionable insights to senior management.
- Attention to detail in analyses, deliverables, and communications.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Experience working with field-based colleagues/MSLs preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the healthcare environment including all external stakeholders.
- Dynamic, interactive, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment
- Immunovant’s headquarters is located in New York City. The position is remote.
- Domestic and international travel required (up to 20%)