Immunovant, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to enabling normal lives for people with autoimmune diseases. As a leader in FcRn inhibitor technology, we are boldly developing innovative therapies for a range of debilitating autoimmune diseases with significant unmet patient needs. Our investigational compound, batoclimab, is a novel, fully human, monoclonal antibody targeting the neonatal Fc receptor (FcRn). Optimized as a subcutaneous injection with flexibility in dosing and approach, batoclimab is designed to reduce immunoglobin G (IgG) antibodies that cause inflammation and disease.
Reporting to the VP, Medical Affairs, this position is responsible for establishing, developing, maintaining scientific exchange with key opinion leaders, health care professionals, clinical trial investigators and payers, aligned with our strategic objectives. You will work with clinical research sites and investigators to answer unsolicited requests for information related to our ongoing clinical trial program, in close collaboration with our Site Relations Managers (SRM), our Clinical Research physicians and scientists (CRS), and the CRO. Responsibilities of this role are to ensure accurate exchange and distribution of clinical and scientific information in a timely, ethical and customer-focused manner
- By facilitating scientific exchange between industry and the scientific community, MSLs have the opportunity to shape the future of healthcare by providing needed information that addresses important clinical and scientific questions
- The MSL will establish themselves as a reliable, trusted, resource of unbiased, accurate, up-to-date, medical and scientific knowledge requested and desired by their customers
- MSLs recognize and communicate feedback and insights of strategic importance from their interactions with SEs, to better inform strategic direction for research and commercialization
- Immunovant MSLs interact with investigator sites and other parties related to clinical trial execution. The MSL provides regional and country specific insights to support study site identification, and patient recruitment and retention initiatives. In close collaboration with the study team, the CRO and the SRMs, the MSL helps facilitate resolution of investigator site issues related to unsolicited requests for clinical trial and scientific information.
- Core to the clinical trial support and the scientific exchange roles is to answer customer questions by providing deep and advanced disease state and product information
- Acts as point of escalation for investigator sites as appropriate
- Attends and presents at investigator meetings, monitor workshops/training
- Participates in site visits with investigator site staff and/or CRO representatives, or independently, in support of clinical trial execution and report back to study teams eg. startup activities, enrolment or raised study/site issues
- Excel at customer engagement and support medical/scientific information needs of KOLs
- Spends the majority of their time field based and customer facing engaging in mutually beneficial 2-way dialogues with SEs
- Through the application of emotional intelligence and a deep understanding of their customers, MSLs will act as one of the primary interfaces between internal medical and scientific experts to deliver the best-in-class customer experiences
- Additionally, MSLs connect SEs with other resources or internal business partners as appropriate and identify possible collaborative research or external collaborations
- MSLs synthesize complex data and effectively communicate meaningful clinical insights and unanswered customer questions they receive from SEs to internal medical and cross functional teams
- They cultivate internal networks and collaborate effectively across functions with an active contribution to medical planning and strategy
- MSLs will be expected to demonstrate strategic analysis, planning, and prioritization to maximize efficiency
- An advanced degree in health sciences (PharmD, MD, or PhD in a medically-related field) is required with at least 3 years of relevant therapeutic area experience.
- Masters or Bachelors level degree in health sciences (e.g. BSN, RPh, PA, NP) considered if 5 or more years of industry experience as an MSL in relevant therapeutic area is present
- Neurology therapeutic area experience in rare diseases preferred.
- Learning agility to comprehend and effectively communicate large amounts of complex scientific content in a clear and concise fashion
- Self-directed and able to work alone in the field effectively managing multiple priorities and projects
- Advanced presentation and computer skills with expertise in literature identification
- Effective strategic and critical thinking in order to analyze, assess and evaluate information and interpret impact or relevance to future states
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, including high emotional intelligence and the ability to engage in professional relationship building and networking
- Experience in servicing customer needs for complex medical information
- Significant experience in professional networking with mutual experience in field based working environment highly valued
- Familiarity with health systems, academic communities, medical research, and medical education process highly valued
- Field based position requires ability to travel up to 80% and work up to 4 to 6 weekends a year
- Dynamic, interactive, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment
- Immunovant’s headquarters is located in New York City. The position remote work.
- Domestic travel required (up to 80%)