Immunovant, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to enabling normal lives for people with autoimmune diseases. As a leader in FcRn inhibitor technology, we are boldly developing innovative therapies for a range of debilitating autoimmune diseases with significant unmet patient needs. Our investigational compound, batoclimab, is a novel, fully human, monoclonal antibody targeting the neonatal Fc receptor (FcRn). Optimized as a subcutaneous injection with flexibility in dosing and approach, batoclimab is designed to reduce immunoglobin G (IgG) antibodies that cause inflammation and disease.
The Director, Head of Patient Recruitment will create and drive Immunovant’s global patient recruitment strategy for multiple trials and indications. They will apply an innovative mindset to the implementation of all processes and the oversight of all recruitment partners, including specialty recruitment vendors, advertising partners, site support organizations, medical records support companies, insurance claims dataset providers, and the recruitment teams of our clinical CROs.
This person will work directly with clinical study teams to offer options to build indication-level recruitment plans with a broad range of tactics, support the implementation of such tactics, and develop dashboards that convey enrollment for each trial.
Strategy & Planning (40%):
- Create and own Immunovant’s overarching strategy and vision for patient recruitment
- Identify options for the study team to increase patient recruitment leveraging continuous real-world data, site and health system research networks, and patient insights and perspectives
Clinical Trial Execution (40%):
- Monitor the performance of recruitment campaigns and implement strategic adjustments by actively overseeing key vendors
- Lead all recruitment-related vendor RFPs in collaboration with internal project teams and make recommendations to senior management on the best fit solution for each project
- Serve as a strategic partner to clinical study teams and strive to understand the key challenges of their trials, brainstorm solutions to mitigate such challenges, and support the execution of such tactics (i.e. trial recruitment website, online advertising, etc.)
- Synthesize and analyze recruitment data from multiple sources to continually assess the effectiveness of current tactics. Communicate critical findings to senior management in a timely manner and make recommendations for improvements and mitigations
Process Research & Insights (20%):
- Create and maintain an internal knowledge base of best practices and lessons learned across all programs
- Monitor industry trends on patient recruitment practices – especially creative, “moonshot” ideas – and make recommendations to senior management and clinical study teams on how Immunovant can adopt such practices to our trials
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Several years of work experience at a biotech or pharmaceutical company is preferred (3-5 years)
- Several years of work experience in patient recruitment with evidence of increasing responsibility is required
- Several years of work experience in project management is required, preferably on global initiatives given the breadth of Immunovant’s trials across North America, Europe, and Asia
- Deep knowledge of GCP, ICH, and other applicable global regulations with regards to clinical trial optimization strategies is required
- Deep understanding of clinical trials from protocol writing through clinical study report is required
- Previous clinical trial execution experience in complex indications is a strong plus
- Demonstrated evidence of deploying creative, out-of-the-box tactics that push the boundaries of current industry practices
- Proven skills as an effective team leader and team player who can establish credibility and confidence with all internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communicator with the ability to persuasively convey both ideas and data verbally and in writing
- Must display strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience overseeing the implementation of a broad range of digital and social media tools for patient recruitment strategies
- Prior experience supporting the daily logistics of a clinical trial site, gained from either working at one or supporting them extensively in a prior role (ex: site coordinator, CRA, etc.)
- Immunovant’s headquarters is located in New York City. The position is flexible for remote work.
- Dynamic, interactive, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment
- Domestic and international travel are required (up to 15%)