Who We Are
Imprint is building a next-generation co-branded credit card company to serve America’s great brands.
Imprint is backed by Kleiner Perkins, Thrive Capital, and Affirm. We are focused on building a brilliant
team who want to change payments, innovate rapidly and who embody Imprint’s Operating Principles.
Driving an innovative risk strategy sits at the heart of Imprint’s branded credit card platform and is the
engine of growth within a robust risk appetite, central to providing an outstanding experience to end
customers. Our credit strategy is Imprint’s competitive advantage and drives value to our merchant
The Credit Risk Strategy Manager is a key role in the Risk team, reporting to the Head of Risk Decision Science. A key responsibility is to develop innovative and creative credit risk strategy across the customer lifecycle and to perform analytics to assess the impact of change, all to drive profitable growth. This role is critical in ensuring Imprint maintains a healthy portfolio, while balancing a great customer and merchant partner experience.
- Perform statistical analysis to develop credit risk strategy and assess the impact of change in a rapidly evolving environment across the credit lifecycle [prospect selection, underwriting, pricing, line management and authorization strategies].
- Proactively and effectively communicate with various stakeholders, discussing the root cause of trends, assessing their impact, and proposing solutions and the potential optimization of strategy.
- Ensure metrics and strategies align with business objectives as well as the current credit environment and potential emerging risks (e.g., macroenvironment).
- Ensure adequate controls, monitoring and testing programs are in place to assess the implementation of strategies, as well as the loan book overall.
- Support wider business objectives by providing analytical expertise on new products and merchant partners and collaborating closely with other teams where relevant.
- Leverage analytical tools (e.g. SQL, Python, or similar) to analyze data and problem solve with the end goal of detecting trends and challenging the business.
- Develop and iteratively enhance dashboards to monitor loan book performance, provide early detection on any loss pockets, and provide insights at scale.
We Are Looking For Folks With
- 6-10 years of experience in the development and analysis of credit card risk strategies across a wide spectrum of risk appetite in the USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong track record in optimizing business performance and identifying gaps in business strategy, with a focus on credit risk.
- Experience in using structured approaches to problem-solving with a natural curiosity and a bias towards action.
- Ability to connect the dots and see the broader picture such as the downstream impacts to changing credit strategy.
- Experience working closely with growth, product, and engineering to drive towards common goals.
- Tech savviness with the ability to write rules for strategy implementation.
- Experience with visualization tools such as Sigma.
- Experience in statistical analysis and related programming languages like R and Python. Possess fundamentally strong SQL skills.
- Experience using project management and documentation tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Strong and pro-active communication and interpersonal skills.
Perks & Benefits
- Leading configured work computer of your choice.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Fully covered, high-quality healthcare including fully covered dependent coverage.
- Additional health coverage includes access to One Medical and option to enroll in an FSA.
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave for the primary caregiver and 8 weeks for all new parents.
- An understanding that successful remote work requires flexibility and an appreciation for asynchronous work.
- Access to industry leading technology across all of our business units — stemming from our philosophy that we should invest in resources for our team that foster innovation, optimization, and productivity.
Annual salary range: $150k - $185k and competitive equity package
Imprint is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Imprint is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Imprint welcomes talented individuals from all backgrounds who want to build the future of payments and rewards. If you are passionate about FinTech and eager to grow, let’s move the world forward, together.