Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded 6 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to join us.
Manufacturing Plant Design
- Manufacturing plant design leadership and execution. Generation of mass, energy and heat balances. Oversee, guide & audit work by external engineering services.
- Understanding and modification of Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Piping and Instrumentation diagrams (PI&Ds) & isometric piping diagrams.
- Understanding and implementation of state-of-the-industry hygienic design.
- Lead projects in design, procurement, installation, qualification and commissioning of medium and large-scale protein purification systems and processes while working closely with scientists & external engineers and equipment vendors.
- Ensure that all systems and operations meet and maintain appropriate safety and food quality standards.
- Challenge industry standards and tailor solutions to what is needed in the short term and long term to advance our mission
- Facilitate and lead the transference and implementation of new processes & equipment to new and existing manufacturing facilities.
Long Term Manufacturing Strategy
- Take the initiative to develop long term manufacturing strategy and cost projections at a range of production scales.
- Analyze tradeoffs between retrofitting existing systems and building new facilities
Production plant support, optimization and troubleshooting
- Lead process start-up activities at manufacturing sites
- Implementation of Statistical Process Control and Six Sigma tools
- Leads DMAIC process improvement projects
Participate and contribute in process/product cost modeling
- ≥10 years of engineering experience in manufacturing design & operations (food, biochemical and/or pharmaceutical.)
- ≥5 years of technical and/or project management experience.
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field. MS or greater preferred.
- Direct experience with food and/or biotech processes & systems, large scale manufacturing equipment, manufacturing plant design, project management and downstream process scale-up and troubleshooting.
- Full written and verbal fluency in English
- Ability to work with, manage and lead a diverse, dynamic team effectively
- Self-motivated individual with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to continuously establish and maintain excellent record keeping, budgeting, scheduling and accountability
- Fluency in Spanish a plus