Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded 6 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
Who we are and what we want: We are a small, super-effective team and take an “all hands on deck” approach to comms, so this role could encompass disciplines including event management, administrative duties, media relations, internal comms, executive communications and international communications.
- Create and manage a calendar of events that often changes on deadline.
Organize and execute events that frame and amplify our news; events should be newsworthy, on-message and relevant to people interested in food, sustainability and entrepreneurship.
Work closely with Comms Chief Officer Rachel Konrad, Comms VP Jessica Appelgren and Comms Manager Ashley Geo, as well as people in finance, HR, marketing, sales and R&D, to maintain our extensive communications and events calendar
Stay flexible! Impossible Foods is a fast-growing startup and our strategy is evolving.
- This is a dynamic company and we are looking for people who are comfortable working in a startup environment.
- Given our growth trajectory, we will likely be reorganizing the comms team in early 2018 as we expand globally and enter retail.
- This person will have a budget to plan and execute events.
- This person will be an integral part of the comms team and will work closely with Allison + Partners, our event agency; in many cases, this person will effectively project manage the agency and across multiple departments.
- Secondarily, this person will also work closely with finance and we get closer to Series E fundraising and will organize and execute a series of sophisticated media and financial events in Asia, New York and other financial centers.
- 2-5 years of event management.
- Bonus points for international experience.