Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded 6 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
Solid, proven “jack of all trades” comms pro with 5-10 years of PR experience who loves messaging, content and media -- and can write exceptionally well, including on tight deadline. (To emphasize: The ideal candidate *loves* to write and can write everything from press releases to Q&A to FAQs to reality TV scripts -- yes, really.) This is an in-house reporter and editor who feels totally unleashed to write and frame the most important stories coming out of Impossible Foods. In addition, this person will engage with the broader community by getting freelance content from relevant people outside of the company.
Who we are and what we want: We are a small, super-effective team and take an “all hands on deck” approach to comms, so this role could encompass disciplines including media relations, internal comms, executive communications and international communications. In addition, the role would have a major focus on content creation. The ideal candidate can:
Create and manage a robust flow of content that’s newsworthy, on-message and relevant to people interested in food, sustainability and entrepreneurship.
Help build and maintain a digital infrastructure that includes a magazine-style blog, which we will use to promote stories about our corporate goals, initiatives and vision.
Write, edit and assign stories that map to our overall comms narrative and our business strategy.
Write, edit, post and ghost-write copy (from blogs to video scripts) on subjects ranging from biochemistry to venture capital.
Solicit and edit content from independent media, chefs, academics, community members and other guest bloggers.
Write, edit and assign a wide variety of content -- from on-the-scene social media posts of Impossible Burger launches in new markets, to deep dives into our key ingredients and profiles of our amazing scientists.
Maintain and fine-tune our extensive communications and events calendar.
Stay flexible! Impossible Foods is a fast-growing startup and our strategy is evolving.
- This is a dynamic company and we are looking for people who are comfortable working in a startup environment.
- 5-10 years of very relevant experience, which could be journalism, copywriting, editing, speech writing or in-house or agency communications work.
- We want someone closely aligned with the Impossible Foods’ mission (particularly sustainability) who can quickly integrate into a small team responsible for a wide variety of cross-functional content and programming.
- We want a deadline-oriented, accurate and compelling writer, ideally a “ghost writer” and editor who can help frame other people’s ideas in their unique voices.
- Extroverted, organized, a cross-functional team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done, including on tight deadlines.
- Bonus points for experience writing content for audiences in multiple countries.