Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 500 restaurants across the United States.
We are looking for an unflappable “jack of all trades” corporate comms pro and deadline writer with 1-5 years of media relations and content generation experience, with a passion for sustainability and mission-driven causes. We are looking for an in-house, multimedia reporter-slash-copy editor-slash-assignment-editor who can write and frame the most important stories coming out of Impossible Foods and connect them to broader news and narratives. The ideal candidate loves messaging, content and media -- and can write exceptionally well, including on tight deadline. (To emphasize: The ideal candidate *loves* to write and can write everything: press releases, executive speeches, Q&As, blog posts and tweets, FAQs, menu descriptions, party invites, bullet points, policy briefs and even reality TV scripts -- yes, really, we have produced all this content and more!)
We are a small, highly productive team and take an “all hands on deck” approach to comms, so this role could encompass disciplines including media relations, internal comms, executive communications and international communications. In particular, the role will have a major focus on content creation.
- Create and manage a robust flow of content that’s newsworthy, on-message and relevant to people interested in food, sustainability, and entrepreneurship.
- Help build and maintain a digital infrastructure that includes a magazine-style blog, which we will use to promote stories about our corporate goals, initiatives, and vision.
- Help write, ghostwrite, edit and assign stories that map to our overall comms narrative and our business strategy.
- Write, edit, post and ghost-write copy (from blogs to video scripts) on subjects ranging from biochemistry to venture capital.
- Solicit and edit content from independent media, chefs, academics, community members and other guest bloggers.
- Write, ghostwrite, edit and assign a wide variety of content -- from on-the-scene social media posts of Impossible Burger launches in new markets to deep dives into our key ingredients and profiles of our amazing scientists.
- Maintain and fine-tune our extensive communications and events calendar.
- Stay flexible! Impossible Foods is a fast-growing startup and our strategy is evolving. This is a dynamic company and we are looking for people who are comfortable working in a startup environment. We will likely tweak roles and responsibilities across the communications team in 2018 as the company expands dramatically.
- 1-5 years of very relevant experience, which could be journalism, copywriting, editing, speech writing, or in-house or agency communications work.
- We want someone closely aligned with the Impossible Foods’ mission (particularly sustainability) who can quickly integrate into a small team responsible for a wide variety of cross-functional content and programming.
- We want a deadline-oriented, accurate and compelling writer, ideally a “ghost writer” and editor who can help frame other people’s ideas in their unique voices.
- Extroverted, organized, a cross-functional team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done, including on tight deadlines.
- Bonus points for public speaking and for experience writing content for audiences in multiple countries.