Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
The Buyer will help facilitate Purchase Requests into Purchase Orders and track their delivery and receipt. The Buyer will be responsible for conducting transactions within Impossible Foods’ Purchasing Standard Operating Procedures, and process orders within 24 hours of approval. The successful candidate will have a high sense.
- Using ERP ordering system, reviews purchase requests for accuracy and completeness. Obtains necessary missing information, where required.
- Helps facilitate ordering process from requisition to order confirmation.
- Follows up or expedites orders to ensure items will be received within the required timeframe.
- Escalates urgent issues (i.e. mission critical items that can’t be expedited) as necessary.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to achieve cost savings (e.g. consolidating PO’s to the same supplier to eliminate redundant shipping and handling charges, re-sourcing identical and/or equivalent items to a supplier with deeper discounts, negotiating volume discounts).
- Collaborates with Accounts Payable to ensure PO’s have required supporting documentation (e.g quotes, tax exemption certificates and/or W9 forms as applicable, etc.)
- Maintains Supply Chain records (PO’s, quotes, MSDS’s, quality documentation) as needed.
- Identifies and develops ad hoc and scheduled reports. (i.e. Purchase History, Open PO, cost savings/cost avoidance)
- Ensures Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Procurement department are monitored and reported on a regular basis.
- Performs other related job duties as required.
- BA/BS Supply Chain, Business or related field.
- Work experience: 2-5 years of experience in purchasing, procurement or accounting, preferred but not required.
- Proficient experience working with Sage X3 or similar ERP purchasing system.
- Experience in food or biotechnology/research, a plus.
- Advanced computer skills and comprehensive knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Well-organized, self-motivated, and able to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented with great follow-up.
- Basic understanding of Accounting and Finance.
- Communication skills and ability to build relationships with both internal and external colleagues.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.