Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
We’re looking for an Operations Buyer Planner responsible for purchasing materials and planning production related activities for our Oakland manufacturing Facility.
The Operations Buyer Planner will provide leadership to schedule production in order to support timely delivery of the production plan, including ordering of MRP materials and scheduling deliveries.
He/she will work collaboratively with Production, Procurement and Supply Chain to maintain valid operating schedules, define, plan and execute continuous improvement projects of scheduling buying and planning processes related to the site.
The Operations Buyer Planner will report to and work closely with the Warehouse Manager the Plant Leadership Team.
• Comply and enforce all company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining the master production schedule for the Oakland Factory based on project forecasts and sales orders, on-hand inventory, safety stock requirements, raw material availability, available capacity and other established planning parameters.
• Responsible for purchasing of all materials inventory and non-inventory for the manufacturing site assigned based on the plan defined and agreed upon with the Plant, the Procurement and the Supply Chain teams.
• Forecast purchases based on standards and propose purchasing plans adjustments based on actual/forecasts.
• Negotiates terms and conditions, pricing and delivery for all non-inventory items.
• Identifies and leads cross-functional projects to improve manufacturing efficiencies involving materials pricing and quality.
• Drives resolution of supplier raw material issues in collaboration with the Factory Quality Assurance Warehouse, Supply Chain and Sourcing teams.
• Anticipates, communicates to site leadership and operating teams when material issues have the potential to impact operations and proactively develops contingency plans.
• Organizes and maintains filing of purchase orders, RFQs, change orders and all other contract documentation related to plant ordered materials.
• Performs all job functions in accordance with SOPs as applicable, develops and train new SOPs as needed to ensure compliance with safety, quality and financial requirements.
• Successful development and maintenance of site’s Production Plan and Shop Floor Schedule
• On-time delivery of Production Plan commitments
• Successful development and execution of the procurement plan
• Establish and report on KPIs on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Supports environment focused on Safety
• Supports achievement of Productivity Targets
• Effective team player who possesses strong collaboration skills.
• Ability to work independently and make responsible and accountable decisions
• Good reporting and communication skills.
• Sense of real urgency as to objectives, timelines, and milestones.
• A proven track record in supply chain management with focus in driving continuous improvement in operations.
• Project management skills.
Requirements: Required Education and Experience
• BS/BA Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, or related field.
• Work Experience: 5-7 years of experience in food manufacturing required.
• Proficient in MRP utilization for supply chain and inventory planning principles.
• Experience with Planning IT Systems desired, specifically in the areas of Production Planning, Planning Master Data (i.e. Bills of Material and Routings), and Capacity Planning required, SAGE is a plus.
• Experience with writing/implementing and training procedures or policies.
• APICS certification a plus
• MRP Experience required