Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
The Director of Tax & Treasury will lead the company’s tax planning, compliance and provision activities in collaborating with external tax specialists along with being responsible for the cash management strategy and operations. The candidate will be responsible for corporate income tax provision and collaborate closely with external tax specialists to plan and implement tax planning initiatives. This person will also oversee the tax compliance deliverables related to US federal, state and foreign taxes, sales and use taxes, vat and excise taxes. In addition, this position will manage the company’s overall liquidity and capital structure strategy, bank relationships, treasury operations and cash management initiatives. The Director, Tax & Treasury must have strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and leadership skills and be able to effectively collaborate and build cross functional relationships to execute business initiatives.
- Manage the Company's tax provision process for income taxes.
- Oversee the calendar of filing deliverables to ensure compliance with tax deliverables for US federal, state, local and foreign income taxes, including but not limited to quarterly filings of sales and use taxes, vat and excise taxes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on legal entities’ initiatives.
- Manage special tax consulting engagements with external tax advisors.
- Research and analyze technical tax issues and their impact on tax provisions.
- Prepare internal tax disclosures.
- Oversee the tax compliance deliverables related to US federal, state and foreign taxes, sales and use taxes, vat and excise taxes.
- Oversee all daily treasury and banking operations of the company’s cash management system, including managing daily cash balances and liquidity management.
- Identify, recommend and oversee execution of necessary changes to treasury processes, organizational structure, technology and infrastructure.
- Build and maintain corporate banking relationships and ensure adequate facilities for custody and safekeeping of corporate invested funds.
- Oversee preparation and monitoring of the corporate cash forecast and initiate changes if necessary.
- Oversee management of contracts for treasury service providers in collaboration with legal department.
- Lead efforts to resolve operational issues related to daily treasury activities.
- Coordinate treasury budgeting process.
- Seek out avenues where Treasury can provide value to the organization.
- Ensure that investment portfolio is invested in accordance with company's mission, investment policy and liquidity guidelines.
- Collaborate across business lines to further operational objectives.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- 10+ years in treasury cash management (must be 10+).
- At least 2 years of experience in leading tax planning and compliance initiatives
- Solid knowledge of assessing and understanding tax impact on company business, operations and transactions in multiple jurisdictions.
- Highly motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment to define processes, drive improvements, and guide business partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and external organizations with diplomacy and tact.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Creative problem solver and self-starter.
- Strong analytical skills and deep skills in finance.
- Develop a culture of mentorship, continuous improvement, training and success in the accounting organization.