Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
The National Accounts Manager - Non-Commercial, will help the sales team in finding, forging, developing, and maintaining large, multi-unit customers in the foodservice channel. This person will have the unique opportunity to help build markets from the ground up as we launch our first products. This role will report to the Head of Sales Development.
- Develop a detailed understanding of our products and business.
- Create customer pipeline and leads through research and relationship development.
- Negotiate contracts, pricing to ensure deal closure for large, national customers.
- Achieve annual sales targets.
- Prepare for customer interactions through in-depth research, material development, and logistical coordination.
- Create compelling, persuasive sales collateral for pitch meetings in concert with our Creative Director and Sales Analyst.
- Accurately forecast customer demand and maintain SalesForce customer database.
- Represent Impossible Foods to customers, tell our story, answer questions and capture action items.
- Serve as the main point of contact for and manage to follow up on all action items arising from customer meetings.
- Attend trade shows, table tops, and customers’ franchise events.
- Work closely with Marketing to align on target outcomes and next steps with key customers.
- 3-4 years of experience in food sales or business development. BA/BS degree.
- Food or beverage industry experience.
- Experience working with SalesForce and Excel.
- Willingness to travel, primarily domestically (60%+).
- Has a proven ability to develop deep, long-term, high-touch, strategically important relationships and is willing to go above and beyond to help build and maintain happy customers.
- Is able to learn about, understand and communicate a completely new product, with a particular focus on communicating our product and process simply and clearly to our customers.
- Is highly organized, able to keep many work streams going simultaneously. Substantial attention to detail.
- Familiar with trade spend levers to achieve sales targets while maintaining margin.
- Is willing to flex into other roles to get the job done (we’re a startup after all!).