Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
The Legal Department at Impossible Foods is seeking an experienced midlevel attorney to join our team as Assistant General Counsel. This attorney will support Impossible Foods’ growing sales and marketing departments. The ideal candidate must be capable of (i) developing relationships with key stakeholders across functions; (ii) collaborating on and implementing compliant solutions to issues arising as we grow our sales and marketing departments; (iii) handling day-to-day review of contracts and providing advice in real time; (iv) implementing appropriate processes and training so that our growing sales and marketing teams understand and operate legally. The person should be a highly organized, energetic, detail-oriented, creative problem-solver with sound judgment.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of sales, marketing and advertising agreements, including distribution agreements, standard terms, and conditions for the sale of goods and master services agreements.
- Handle US and global copyright and trademark issues relating to marketing and sales initiatives.
- Manage multiple deals and support colleagues to ensure business initiatives are executed timely and accurately.
- Advise the sales and marketing teams on legal issues and risks and company policies.
- Exercise sound judgment when negotiating key business and legal terms.
- Collaborate with outside counsel on commercial matters.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Legal Department in handling the various issues faced by a high-growth, well-funded startup.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully set priorities, perform tasks in an orderly fashion and meet deadlines.
- Extensive experience with nuanced commercial legal issues, ideally within the food supply chain and food procurement.
- The desire and ability to meet the needs of a high-growth, fast-paced, pre-IPO Silicon Valley startup company.
- Outstanding analytical, communication, negotiation, and drafting skills.
- Excellent legal and business judgment, strategic thinking, and the ability to manage multiple matters simultaneously.
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills.
- Ability to accommodate tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong work ethic, ability to operate well independently and without close supervision.
- Team player and fun to work with.