Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
The Demo Coordinator will be in charge of managing and executing our in-house product demonstration program. The demo-program coordinator will be part of the marketing & sales team; he or she will play a vital role in representing our brand to visiting guests. Someone looking for a role that combines office/administrative skills with hands-on restaurant-style hospitality will thrive. The demo-program coordinator will spend 40-50% of his or her time conducting program administration, including using digital systems to manage product inventory and sample requests. He or she will spend the remaining 40-50% of her or his time preparing for and conducting in-house demonstrations for visiting guests, this will require some light cooking, cleaning and manual labor. Occasional (less than 20%) travel may be required.
- Perform burger and ingredients demos on site at our RWC HQ and at offsite events as needed.
- Assist in packing up sales and marketing team representatives for offsite trips and events.
- Assist with the organization, inventory and ordering of swag, collateral and event supplies.
- Participate in offsite events as needed in a cooking, serving or organizational capacity.
- Work closely with the kitchen team for demo needs and lead weekly coordination meeting.
- Proficient in working in a kitchen environment, able to prep and cook as needed.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing teams to forecast demo needs.
- Manage the inventory of demo supplies and reorder supplies as necessary.
- Help to manage the shipment for meat orders for Marketing and Sales purposes.
- Zendesk support for events and on site visit tickets.
- 1-2 years of experience in hospitality and/or administrative role.
- Food or beverage industry experience a plus.
- Comfortable working on a computer, has experience with online inventory management software and/or excel, google docs and word processing.
- Is able to learn about, understand and communicate a unique product.
- Is looking for work variety and is eager to perform detail oriented administrative work as well as physically prepare for, host/cook and clean up after demonstrations. The product demonstration program is yours to own and manage from start to finish.
- Has reliable transportation for running errands and the support of occasional off-hours needs.
- Lives close enough to our headquarters in Redwood City to be able to react to the rare but important emergency business needs, including during off hours.
- Is extremely friendly and able to work with people from all different backgrounds and experience levels.
- Has a can-do attitude and is willing to do a variety of tasks in our fast-paced start-up environment and is a proactive problem solver.
- Experience in hospitality and/or catering is a plus.