Impossible Foods is leading the way to a sustainable global food system. We are developing transformative new technologies to produce great plant-based foods that outperform existing meat and dairy products in taste and nutrition, at a lower cost and with a much lower impact on the global environment. Impossible Foods was conceived and founded by a prominent Stanford professor and is backed by top-tier VCs and visionaries with track records of creating new global industries.
Core Functions And Responsibilities
Separations, Purification and Drying Process Development and Optimization
- Process Development & Optimization of pilot to large scale milling, separation and purification equipment/systems
- Unit operations include mixing, depth and TFF filtration, milling, centrifugation, freezing and drying.
- Ability to independently design, execute and analyze experimental plans. Draw conclusions and make technical recommendations to the entire organization.
- Must demonstrate excellent record keeping, data management and accountability
- Take leadership in creation and optimization of new equipment and process SOPs/ batch documentation, establish procedures and train colleagues on them.
- Design and oversee cleaning efficacy studies (Clean-in- place and clean-out- of-place) and implement effective and traceable cleaning protocols/documentation.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, organized and safe workplace.
- Protein System Design and Implementation
- Lead projects in design, procurement, and implementation of medium and large-scale protein purification systems and processes while working closely with scientists, operators and external engineers & equipment vendors.
- Ensure that all systems and operations meet and maintain appropriate safety and food quality standards.
- Challenge industry standards and tailor solutions to what is needed in the short term and long term to advance our mission
Long Term Manufacturing Strategy
- Take the initiative to develop long term manufacturing strategy and cost projections at a range of production scales.
- Analyze tradeoffs between retrofitting existing systems and building new facilities
- Participate and contribute in process/product cost modeling
- Other duties as assigned
- Mentorship and possible supervisory responsibilities of junior engineers and interns