Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
Impossible Foods is leading the way to a sustainable global food system. We are developing transformative new technologies to produce great plant-based foods that outperform existing meat and dairy products in taste and nutrition, at a lower cost and with a much lower impact on the global environment. Impossible Foods was conceived and founded by a prominent Stanford professor and is backed by top-tier VCs and visionaries with track records of creating new global industries.
We’re looking for an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic for the graveyard shift to support manufacturing in our Oakland Facility. Come work with us to change the course of history.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, gearboxes, pneumatics, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, engineering specifications, troubleshooting malfunctions and frequency driven PM’s using CMMS program.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical equipment problems.
- Develop and maintain schedules for preventive and corrective maintenance repairs on equipment using CMMS program.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems and using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production of routine preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using maintenance shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Anticipate needed equipment, parts and supplies to complete work orders in timely manner.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs utilizing CMMS program.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Participate in all safety programs i.e. LOTO, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, Energized Equipment Safety.
- Degree or Certification from technical or trade school plus one year of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience should be related to the repair of any of the following systems: mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic or electrical.
- Must be computer literate.
- Working knowledge of single-phase and 3-phase power and control systems up to 480v.
- Working experience in pipe fitting, water, gas, and air, along with sanitary lines and valving. Should be familiar with refrigeration.
- Must have excellent communication skills to communicate with other employees and supervisors.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds of product routinely, and climbing ladders to maintenance equipment from a catwalk.
- Understand written and/or verbal job information in English.
- Current or prior use of CMMS program a plus.
- Must comply with company safety policy at all times with a focus on Safety First.
- Must follow company GMP policy.
- Manufacturing plant: This is an industrial food manufacturing environment with many types of equipment and processes to create our product.
- Production operations are up to 365 days per year as production demands.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, continuous operating environment.
- Personal Protective Equipment Requirements.
- Some lifting, pushing or pulling required, 50 – 75 lbs. (or higher with assistance).