Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
Impossible Foods is leading the way to a sustainable global food system. We are developing transformative new technologies to produce great plant-based foods that outperform existing meat and dairy products in taste and nutrition, at a lower cost and with a much lower impact on the global environment. Impossible Foods was conceived and founded by a prominent Stanford professor and is backed by top-tier VCs and visionaries with track records of creating new global industries.
- Define process requirements and identify new equipment for various food processing steps.
- Conduct experimentation at pilot plant scale and at vendor trials.
- Work with project engineers to review equipment installation.
- Work with project engineers to develop functional process descriptions, P&IDs, layouts, HAZOP analysis, and Pre-Startup Safety Inspections.
- Develop and refine standard operating and sanitation procedures for equipment and processes.
- Provide technical leadership and operational oversight for food processing operations.
- Ensure processes are conducted within established textural, sensory, and microbiological standards.
- Work closely with the Product Development and Manufacturing groups to develop batch objectives and batch documentation.
- Develop and execute plans to optimize unit operations for quality and yield improvements.
- Lead data analysis and reporting for processing operations by summarizing key performance indicators, analyzing trends, and determining improvement opportunities.
- Troubleshoot and provide repair recommendations for food processing unit operations.
- Train manufacturing operations, process development, and scientific staff on new equipment and process.
- BS/MS/PhD or equivalent in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Food Engineering or related fields with 3-5+ years of industrial experience.
- Knowledge of food processing equipment and scale-up.
- Cost modeling and process system modeling expertise.
- Demonstrated expertise with food processing plant design.
- Good understanding of HACCP and food GMPs.
- Self-motivated individual with strong oral and written communication skills and good organization skills.
- Ability to continuously challenge assumptions and strive for excellence.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse, dynamic team.