Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
The Director of Sales, Foodservice and Retail Channel will be responsible for directing, developing, and executing the business goals associated with product strategy for Impossible Foods. This leader will create and manage the sales team organization, which includes overseeing distribution networks, trade promotion programs and overall sales goals. This position will report to the General Manager of the US Business.
- Directing the developing and execution of sales and trade promotion strategies to grow this business line and attract new customers.
- Directing and developing the tools and materials the sales organization needs to achieve business objectives including Salesforce CRM platform and trade spend software solution.
- Developing, forecasting and achieving key business metrics to manage against revenue and profitability targets.
- Coordinating projects with internal and external resources (product development, production planning, logistics, trade, sales, market research, consultants).
- Effectively leading and motivating a growing, regional-based sales team.
- Participating in visits and negotiations to key strategic accounts - including national accounts, key distributor partners, and GPOs.
- Managing third party food service and retail broker partners to ensure flawless execution. Enlist broker partners for administrative and category management where required.
- Growing retail sales through creating ubiquitous distribution, achieving parity pricing, securing optimal shelf presence and executing appropriate promotions (when Retail is green-lighted).
- Developing and executing sales, pricing and merchandising strategies with retail partners that will simultaneously achieve Impossible Foods’ goals and retailer goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10+ years CPG and Foodservice Managerial Sales experience (Food Service, Food Service Manufacturing, Broker, or Distributor Sales).
- Category Management experience within the commercial and non-commercial sectors.
- Consistently demonstrated years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- Experience working with Salesforce and Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated successful sales history negotiating with distributor customers and meeting trade spend budget.
- Possess a strong understanding of trade spend and promotional strategy.
- Proven track record of strong collaboration with internal marketing teams.
- Experience running a business at a local and national account level.
- Expertise in overseeing distributor sales teams and managing broker networks.
- Demonstrated successful work history managing a product line and brand across multiple foodservice channels.
- Experience in both foodservice and retail.
- Ability to flex into multiple roles (we are a start-up after all!).