Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
Impossible Foods is leading the way to a sustainable global food system. We are developing transformative new technologies to produce great plant-based foods that outperform existing meat and dairy products in taste and nutrition, at a lower cost and with a much lower impact on the global environment. Impossible Foods was conceived and founded by a prominent Stanford professor and is backed by top-tier VCs and visionaries with proven track records creating new global industries. We are seeking a driven, adventurous experimentalist to create delicious foods. This person will have a good understanding of lab skills and desire to learn.
- Screen, train and schedule sensory panelists.
- Prepare samples for screening and training panelists for sensory and consumer testing.
- Write standard operating procedures, organize data, and document test results.
- Assist in sensory method development and test designs.
- Maintain stocks of food components, ingredients, and supplies .
- Assist with development of SOPs and follow established procedures.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, organized and safe workplace.
- Typically Monday – Friday; 40 hours per week.
- A degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in a food lab or food pilot plant (pharmaceutical, biochemical and/or food).
- Understanding of biotech and/or food processes, systems.
- Enthusiasm for science, and self-motivated to make significant contributions in a team environment.
- Full written and verbal fluency in English.
- Self-motivated individual with strong oral and written communication skills with good organization skills.
- Ability to continuously establish and maintain excellent record keeping, inventory, and accountability.
- Comfortable using Excel.
- Comfortable using math for formulation calculations.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot issues when applicable.
- Ability to work with diverse, dynamic team effectively.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently.