We are seeking a driven, adventurous experimentalist to create delicious foods. This person will have a good understanding of lab skills and desire to learn.
● Screen, train and schedule sensory panelists
● Prepare samples for screening and training panelists for sensory and consumer testing
● Write standard operating procedures, organize data, and document test results
● Assist in sensory method development and test designs
● Maintain stocks of food components, ingredients, and supplies
● Assist with development of SOPs and follow established procedures.
● Maintain a clean, sanitary, organized and safe workplace.
● Typically Monday – Friday; 40 hours per week
● A degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or a related field
● 1-3 years of experience in a food lab or food pilot plant (pharmaceutical, biochemical and/or food)
● Understanding of biotech and/or food processes, systems
● Enthusiasm for science, and self-motivated to make significant contributions in a team environment
● Full written and verbal fluency in English
● Self-motivated individual with strong oral and written communication skills with good organization skills
● Ability to continuously establish and maintain excellent record keeping, inventory, and accountability
● Comfortable using Excel
● Comfortable using math for formulation calculations
● Ability to independently troubleshoot issues when applicable
● Ability to work with diverse, dynamic team effectively
● Must be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.