Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
- Optimize current packaging and identify new packaging systems; conduct pilot and vendor trials for selection of new technology.
- Work with Marketing and Design teams on development on design and customer facing experience factors.
- Work with Nutrition and Legal teams on the development of label content.
- Lead development of line extension projects.
- Identify and develop relationships with material and equipment vendors pilot test sites.
- Design, plan and execute experiments for bench top, pilot plant and manufacturing scale trials; gathering and analyzing data, documenting and reporting results, and make recommendations based on findings.
- Conduct sensory and consumer testing, shelf life and product stability studies, to inform product storage, labeling, and handling requirements.
- Own process development optimizations of food processes that interface with packaging.
- Improve the predictive value of bench scale experiments via scale down models, accelerated storage tests, and more efficient screening tools.
- Write material, product, and process technical transfer documents and SOPs.
- Share knowledge with other teams including Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, and Research.
- No immediate supervisory responsibilities but the potential for growth exists for this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/MS degree in Food Science, Industrial Technology, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Packaging Science or a related field.
- 5 + years’ work experience in food product packaging.
- Proven track record of successful food product scale up and commercialization.
- Knowledge and experience with food packaging for frozen and refrigerated foods.
- Experience must include responsibility for both selections of packaging materials and packaging equipment.
- Solid understanding of interactions between packaging and ingredients, shelf life, distribution systems, and customer experience.
- Demonstrated skills in experimental design, data collection, interpretation, and presentation.
- Must have excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and a collaborative mindset.
- Ability to independently, troubleshoot issues, and provide training to others.
- Executional excellence, personal leadership, time management, organization, and problem-solving competencies.