Impossible Foods is leading the way to a sustainable global food system. We are developing transformative new technologies to produce great plant-based foods that outperform existing meat and dairy products in taste and nutrition, at a lower cost and with a much lower impact on the global environment. Impossible Foods was conceived and founded by a prominent Stanford professor and is backed by top-tier VCs and visionaries with proven track records creating new global industries.
- Optimize current packaging and identify new packaging systems; conduct pilot and vendor trials for selection of new technology.
- Work with Marketing and Design teams on development on design and customer facing experience factors. Work with Nutrition and Legal teams on development of label content.
- Lead development of line extension projects.
- Identify and develop relationships with material and equipment vendors pilot test sites.
- Design, plan and execute experiments for bench top, pilot plant and manufacturing scale trials; gathering and analyzing data, documenting and reporting results, and make recommendations based on findings.
- Conduct sensory and consumer testing, shelf life and product stability studies, to inform product storage, labeling, and handling requirements.
- Own process development optimizations of food processes that interface with packaging.
- Improve predictive value of bench scale experiments via scale down models, accelerated storage tests, and more efficient screening tools.
- Write material, product, and process technical transfer documents and SOPs.
- Share knowledge with other teams including Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, and Research.
- No immediate supervisory responsibilities but potential for growth exists for this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/MS degree in Food Science, Industrial Technology, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or a related field
- 5 + years work experience in food product packaging
- Proven track record of successful food product scale up and commercialization
- Knowledge and experience with food packaging for frozen and refrigerated foods. Experience must include responsibility for both selection of packaging materials and packaging equipment.
- Solid understanding of interactions between packaging and ingredients, shelf life, distribution systems, and customer experience.
- Demonstrated skills in experimental design, data collection and interpretation, and presentation
- Must have excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and a collaborative mindset
- Ability to independently, troubleshoot issues, and provide training to others
- Executional excellence, personal leadership, time management, organization, and problem solving competencies