The Regional Sales Manager will find, forge, develop, and maintain relationships with new customers and be responsible for sales targets in their region. This person will have the unique opportunity to help build markets from the ground up as we launch our first products.
• Has a proven ability to develop deep, strategically important relationships and is willing to go above and beyond to help build the customer pipeline.
• Is able to learn about, understand and communicate a completely new food product, with particular focus on communicating our product and process simply and clearly to new potential customers and distributor partners.
• Has managed a sales team, a distributor sales team and/or a broker network.
• Develop a detailed understanding of our products and business.
• Represent Impossible Foods to customers, train distributors’ sales teams and brokers to tell our story.
• Leverage and motivate brokers and distributors to open new accounts and achieve sales targets.
• Create customer pipeline and generate leads through research and relationship development.
• Schedule & perform in-kitchen cooking demos for menu decision makers / potential customers.
• Participate in distributor ride-alongs, distributor and broker trainings. Follow-up with distributors to ensure deal closure.
• Bring customers through sales pipeline, generate sales timelines, identify milestones, monitor deadlines, and close deals.
• Represent Impossible Foods at food shows, distributor events, and at off-site pop-up events.
• Serve as a main point of contact for and manage follow up on all items arising from customer meetings.
• 4-5 years of experience in foodservice sales.
• 2-3 years of supervisory experience; demonstrated ability to lead and develop a field sales team.
• BA/BS degree.
• Experience working with Excel and SalesForce.
• Willingness to travel, primarily domestically (70%+).