Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
The Trade Promotion Manager will provide direction and lead the activation and ongoing effectiveness of trade promotion management (TPM) at Impossible Foods. He or She will coordinate with cross-functional members in finance, accounting, sales, and marketing to create a TPM strategy and will drive alignment and collaboration across internal business functions to initiate TPM policies and best practices. He or She will be the subject matter expert in TPM and will drive key account sales through effective and efficient trade promotion offerings.
- Oversees trade marketing (TM) budget to ensure effective budget management and that all resources are effectively used to drive optimal results.
- Contribute to the allocation of TM funds to appropriately support brand, market and key account priorities in a way that optimizes ROI.
- Supports Head of Sales, Regional Sales Reps, and Distributor Sales Manager during their negotiations with operators and Distributors, defining argumentations and KPI’s for brand building.
- Manages and improves the TPM process for efficiency, accuracy, and profitability.
- Establishes control budgets for distributor sales promotions and trade shows.
- Ensures the team uses the most effective tools/ databases and provides input to TPM support systems.
- Responsible for analyzing and reporting on promotion activities performed / level of spending by channel, evaluating key programs results against established KPIs, leveraging cross-functional teams as needed for ROI details.
- Has a sound understanding of financial business processes and P&L analysis.
- Is able to leverage data and process to proactively identify areas of opportunity but also systemic issues.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Customer service orientation with a view towards cross-functional business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing or related field required, MBA preferred.
- Strong, significant experience in trade promotion management in the food industry.
- In-depth knowledge of ERP and Trade Management systems.
- Proven success working in a fast-paced environment where strategic brand-building efforts are complemented by hard-driving promotional activities.
- 4-5 years foodservice/CPG Trade Marketing, Marketing, Category/Channel Management or Sales experience required.