Research Associate/Senior Research Associate – (Flavor)
We are seeking a driven, adventurous experimentalist to join the flavor team to create delicious foods through a deep understanding of biology and chemistry.
The Flavor group develops new ways to replicate the flavors of animal products and transform plant flavors through understanding the underlying chemistry. We are seeking a driven research associate to join the flavor team to create delicious foods.
- Sensory evaluation of products and raw ingredients
- Assay development, refinement and technology transfer
- Data collection that is highly reproducible and organized
- Data analysis using statistics and generate reports shared across teams
- Defining the chemical composition of ingredients, including characterization of small molecules in flavor reactions and the compounds’ sensory effects.
- Communicate results with multiple different teams
- Acting as a sensory taster on meat, undergoing continuous learning and improvement
- Acting as a collaborative team member and individual contributor
- BS/MS in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, or related field.
- 2+ years of research experience
- Experience in sensory research and or desire to learn
- Skills and Abilities
- High attention to detail and highly organized
- Experience with analytical tools such as GC-olfactometry, LC-MS, GC-MS is a plus, but can be learned on the job.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and to work effectively with a diverse team of scientists and engineers
- Strong data analysis abilities, including being proficient in excel, and statistical knowledge
- Excellent ability to communicate results and ideas clearly, and listen and received feedback