Impossible Foods’ vision is to change the way the world looks from space by creating delicious foods entirely from plants. Last year, our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced to the world with top chefs in NYC, SF and LA.
The Distributor Account Associate role will support the sales team in growing and maintaining key distributor relationships. This person will have the unique opportunity to help build and implement our distributor sales strategy as we launch our products nationally. This role will report to the Distributor Sales Manager.
The ideal candidate:
- Is highly organized, able to keep many work streams going simultaneously. Substantial attention to detail.
- Is able to learn about, understand and communicate a completely new product, with particular focus on communicating our product and process simply and clearly to distributor sales teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to work effectively across multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly collaborative setting.
- Is customer focused and dedicated to meeting customers’ needs.
- Is willing to flex into other roles to get the job done (we’re a startup after all!)
- Has experience in foodservice distribution, whether with a distributor, manufacturer, or operator.
- Develop a detailed understanding of our products and business.
- Assists with onboarding new distributors and their sales teams. This includes efficient and accurate information exchange and maintaining records of distributor agreement terms.
- Oversees creation and dissemination of distributor sales collateral and product samples.
- Collect, collate and present feedback from distributors and their sales teams to internal teams.
- Serve as a main point of contact for and manage follow up on all action items arising from distributor meetings.
- Manage and/or oversee coordination of distributor events, food shows, and off-site pop-up events.
- Interface with distributor sales reps to evaluate new sales opportunities.
- On occasion, represent Impossible Foods to distributor sales reps, chefs and customers.
- 3-4 years of experience in operations, sales or distribution.
- BA/BS degree.
- Food or beverage industry experience a plus.
- Experience working with Excel and SalesForce.