Impossible Foods is leading the way to a sustainable global food system. We are developing transformative new technologies to produce great plant-based foods that outperform existing meat and dairy products in taste and nutrition, at a lower cost and with a much lower impact on the global environment. Impossible Foods was conceived and founded by a prominent Stanford professor and is backed by top-tier VCs and visionaries with proven track records creating new global industries.
The Demand and Supply Planning Manager will develop, communicate, and execute end-to-end product demand and supply plans. The role of the Demand Planning Manager will develop and execute a demand plan that will drive the supply plan to meet sales and order fulfillment objectives. This individual will work closely with cross-functional partners in supply chain, sales, marketing, and finance teams.
- Develop and manages a regular) forecasting process at both the detail and aggregated level by partnering with the sales teams to ensure demand consensus process delivers an agreed upon, workable, volume forecast; ensures gaps and overlaps are addressed, and scenarios are completed.
- Identify overstock & spoiled inventory; initiate actions to mitigate exposure and prevent recreation.
- Ensures data integrity and quality by reviewing data, identifying unusual occurrences, seeking explanations and assisting in developing corrections.
- Provide planning support with the preparation of long range supply planning and capacity analysis.
- Develop historical sales trend and statistical forecasting models to improve our ability to evaluate and forecast demand. Extract data from multiple sources to analyze demand trends and forecasting.
- Help create statistical models to trend and estimate demand for the Consensus process.
- Continuously improving forecasting techniques, method, and approach.
- Prepare, report, and communicate forecast, supply requirements, and inventory measurements to management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets) through support of the S&OP function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Accounting or another analytical field preferred or equivalent experience.
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in a demand planning role with S&OP accountability.
- Strong working knowledge of demand planning process within Consumer Packaged Goods Industry, particularly in a short shelf life environment.
- Superior analytical skills and advanced Excel user.
- Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues.
- Detail oriented and highly accurate.
- Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics, turns, margin contributions and turn rates.
- Experience with any forecasting application or supply planning software a plus.