Do you want to be part of an exciting scientific and business endeavor dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
People around the world love to eat meat, fish, and dairy products and demand is growing even faster than the world’s population. But the system we use to produce these foods is destroying the planet. Animal farming is responsible for more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector, occupies almost half of Earth’s ice-free land, consumes and pollutes more of the world’s dwindling supply of fresh water than any other industry and is by far the leading threat to biodiversity.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product is currently available at select restaurants across the United States.
- Manage monthly close and creation of monthly, quarterly, revenue review and annual financial reports to company best practices
- Present various accounting reports and make recommendations to Controller and CFO on how to enhance the department
- Lead the day-to-day management of accounting operations with a focus on efficient processes that support business needs a team which carries out the following functions: GL, AR, fixed assets, etc.
- Manage operational data while maintaining data accuracy and integrity
- Research the applicability of latest accounting pronouncements as the business becomes more complex
- Manage the financial audit and take ownership for successful completions of financial audits
- Ensure accounting systems and processes are continually streamlined via process improvements and leverage of technology
- Collaborate with business partners, customers, and vendors to establish good working relationships and support in driving process improvements
- Assure timeliness and accuracy of the financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Comply with VAT, local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develop a culture of mentorship, continuous improvement, training and success in the accounting organization
- Manage the review and reporting of revenue recognition
- Research and resolve all GAAP and technical accounting issues, including new rule adoption projects. Prepare technical memos and be the internal expert to advise on accounting impacts for transactions
- Maintain and improve upon current accounting infrastructure to scale with business growth, including documentation of policies and procedures
- Serve as project manager for system implementations and upgrades
- 10+ years of direct accounting experience (must be 10+)
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Manufacturing background plus experience in a growth setting
- CPA required with Big 4 required
- Experience as an Assistant Controller or Corporate Accounting Manager of a public company is a plus
- Strong management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Process- and detail orientation; strong analytical and quantitative skills and superior accounting skills
- Proven ability to clearly and concisely implement new processes and leveraging technology
- Keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and dynamically
- ERP system experience
- Technical experience related to GAAP and reporting including SEC reporting, stock option accounting, mergers and acquisitions, revenue recognition, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements