Employee Engagement Specialist
Do you want to be part of an exciting scientific and business endeavor dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
People around the world love to eat meat, fish, and dairy products and demand is growing even faster than the world’s population. But the system we use to produce these foods is destroying the planet. Animal farming is responsible for more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector, occupies almost half of Earth’s ice-free land, consumes and pollutes more of the world’s dwindling supply of fresh water than any other industry and is by far the leading threat to biodiversity.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product is currently available at select restaurants across the United States.
We have ambitious plans for growth in 2017 and the EES will play a key role in our People team. He or she will report into our VP of People and be tasked with maintaining and building upon an awesome culture and team as we rapidly scale.
The ideal candidate has:
- Passion & enthusiasm for our Mission
- Project/Program Management
- Relationship Building Skills
- Organizational Astuteness
- People Skills
- Employee Retention Strategies
- Strong Data Analytics Skills
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, Keynote, Google Docs
- Preferred Familiarity with HR apps (e.g. OnePoint, Trinet, Jostle, etc.)
- Champion and embody the Impossible culture, mission, and values.
- Serve as a strategic partner to the VP of People to drive employee engagement in service to exceptional operational performance.
- Design and develop full-fledged system to monitor employee engagement with cultural issues, initiatives, and activities throughout the Company.
- Work with HR to increase employee satisfaction as measured in quarterly surveys
- Create Values campaign in order to ensure company values are highlighted and at the forefront of employees minds
- Create Mentorship program for new hires to be paired with other employees in order foster camaraderie
- Work closely with Events team to create and execute calendar plan of Company-sponsored employee engagement events and activities at all locations.
- Work closely with Internal Communications to roll out and maintain cultural programs and initiatives, and monitor engagement across all locations.
- Use data insights to guide decision making and offer proactive solutions that support a strong culture of engagement.
- Assist in developing & growing the department
- Other duties as assigned
- Immediate deliverables include: New Hire Video, Company Intranet onboarding, 2017 cultural events
- 5+ years in an HR or organizational development role
- Deep commitment to our company mission, vision & values
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data
- Excellent customer service and positive interpersonal skills, including the ability to facilitate and mediate sensitive and/or confrontational matters and to provide coaching and counseling in a productive and effective manner