Do you want to be part of an exciting scientific and business endeavor dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
People around the world love to eat meat, fish, and dairy products and demand is growing even faster than the world’s population. But the system we use to produce these foods is destroying the planet. Animal farming is responsible for more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector, occupies almost half of Earth’s ice-free land, consumes and pollutes more of the world’s dwindling supply of fresh water than any other industry and is by far the leading threat to biodiversity.
Impossible Foods was founded 6 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product is currently available at select restaurants across the United States.
We have ambitious plans for growth in 2017 and the People Coordinator will play a key role in our People team. He or she will report into our Sr. HRBP and support development of a robust People program.
The ideal candidate has:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Ability to Foster Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Process Improvement
- Relationship Building & Strong Customer Service Skills
- Organizational Astuteness
- People Skills
- Self-starter attitude
- Ability to be fluid and adaptable to our changing priorities and needs
- Ability to work independently with little to no direction
- Manage the administration of health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Help to create process and procedures in our HRIS system.
- Drives projects and tasks to completion.
- Handle all day to day employee inquiries.
- Completes new hire paperwork; and enter information into HRIS
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files. Assists with new-employee background checks.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Conducts audits of benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and help ensure positive candidate experience.
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding to ensure optimal experience.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the People team.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Prepares new-employee files.
- 1-3 years in an HR coordinator role
- Proficiency using ATS systems, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Have a passion for our employees and for what we do