Impossible Foods is leading the way to a sustainable global food system. We are developing transformative new technologies to produce great plant-based foods that outperform existing meat and dairy products in taste and nutrition, at a lower cost and with a much lower impact on the global environment. Impossible Foods was conceived and founded by a prominent Stanford professor and is backed by top-tier VCs and visionaries with track records of creating new global industries.
Currently we are a medium sized start-up in a transition to more corporate environment. The majority of our staff is involved into cutting edge R&D work and our culture is open, positive and collaborative. It requires high level of independence but it also offers exceptional opportunities for professional growth.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- BS or MS in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field.
- 3-5 years of working experience in LC-MS analysis of small molecules and metabolomics, experience with high resolution instruments particularly Orbitrap is desired.
- Hands on with LC-MS maintenance and operation. Experience with management analytical lab (service calls and contracts, ordering, new instrument installation etc) is desired.
- Strong working knowledge of sample preparation, extraction and introduction methods particularly for lipids
- Strong technical experience with method development, particularly with qualitative and quantitative multi-residue analysis. Ideally this would include development of complex custom calibration and reference standards. Experience with pipetting robots, and other lab automation is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of LC/MS data interpretation (identification, quantification) including screening and analysis of unknowns.
- Knowledge of Thermo hardware and software is a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to independently troubleshoot instrumentation and method problems
- Ability to maintain high quality of instrumental data output using various strategies to reduce measurement error.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently and within a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Strong oral and written communication skills particularly while maintaining records, communicating essential information to managers and training junior staff
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects