Impossible Foods is leading the way to a sustainable global food system. We are developing transformative new technologies to produce great plant-based foods that outperform existing meat and dairy products in taste and nutrition, at a lower cost and with a much lower impact on the global environment. Impossible Foods was conceived and founded by a prominent Stanford professor and is backed by top-tier VCs and visionaries with track records of creating new global industries
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
Serve as a key contributor within the Product Development team on support development and commercialization aspects of new product introductions and productivity and quality improvement projects for existing products.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Manufacturing teams on scale up and scale down initiatives.
- Be responsible for leading pilot plant and manufacturing scale trials.
- Lead problem-solving and trouble-shooting efforts at bench, pilot, and manufacturing scale.
- Participate in evaluation of new processing equipment.
- Design, plan and execute experiments, gather and analyze data, document and share results, and provide recommendations.
- Conduct a wide range of analytical tests, sensory and consumer testing, shelf life and product stability studies, and recommend storage and handling requirements.
- Write detailed ingredient, product, and process specifications.
Education And/Or Experience:
- B.S/M.S in Food Science, Chemical Engineering or related fields
- 6+ years of industrial experience in the food industry.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong technical and project management skills with results orientation
- Knowledge and experience with ingredient functionality, product design and formulation, and commercialization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to effectively communicate to all levels within the organization
- Ability to effectively influence others and get results through working with a diverse team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage complexity
- Executional excellence, personal leadership, time management, organizing, and problem solving competencies
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to move with a changing environment
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally, building strong relationships across R&D, Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Sourcing, Quality, Manufacturing, and External Teams
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Determination to find the best solution for the needed applications
- Ability to continuously challenge assumptions to seek innovative solutions
- Passion for food and the environment