Impossible Foods is leading the way to a sustainable global food system. We are developing transformative new technologies to product great plant-based foods that outperform existing meat and dairy products in meat and nutrition, at a lower cost and with a much lower impact on the global environment. Impossible Foods was conceived and founded by a prominent Stanford professor and is backed by top-tier VCs and visionaries with track records of creating new global industries.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key contributor within the Product Development team on supporting development and commercialization aspects of new product introductions and productivity and quality improvements of existing products.
- Participating in design of new products, including interpreting customer needs and assembling input from cross-functional teams.
- Planning work for small teams, coordinating cross functional efforts, organizing meetings, and facilitating knowledge transfer and decision making.
- Designing, planning and executing experiments for bench top, pilot plant and plant trials, gathering and analyzing data, documenting and reporting results, and making recommendations.
- Conducting a wide range of analytical tests, sensory and consumer testing, shelf life and product stability studies, and recommending storage and handling requirements.
- Writing detailed ingredient, product, and process specifications.
- Supporting labeling, nutritional, regulatory, and food safety efforts.
Education And/Or Experience:
- BS/MS in Food Science, Chemical Engineering or related fields.
- 6 + years of industrial experience in the food industry.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong technical and project management skills with results orientation
- Knowledge and experience with ingredient functionality, product design and formulation, and commercialization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to effectively communicate to all levels within the organization
- Ability to effectively influence others and get results through working with a diverse team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage complexity
- Executional excellence, personal leadership, time management, organizing, and problem solving competencies
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to move with a changing environment
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally, building strong relationships across R&D, Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Sourcing, Quality, Manufacturing, and External Teams
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Determination to find the best solution for the needed applications
- Ability to continuously challenge assumptions to seek innovative solutions
- Passion for food and the environment